Gibson Brands Forums

Show us your SG's

cody78

My first SG. I forget but I think it was a 69 or 70. It was stolen from my house over 30 years ago and I still miss it. :(

scan0060.jpg

scan0061.jpg

IMG008.jpg

Image2.jpg

Image1a.jpg

With that pickguard, it's a '65, at the latest! Your's has the small pickguard ('61-65), and 6-screw version, which was added

in '64! '61-63 had a 4 screw small pickguards! In 1966, they changed the neck heel and joint, for "added strength and stability," and added

the larger "Batwing" pickguard, as well. So, your's was even more "vintage" that you thought! [biggrin] Sorry, to hear that it was stolen!! [cursing][crying]

CB

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ouch! Now there's a real kick in the nuts! Thanks for the info nonetheless CB.

Sorry, for your pain! The one's that got away, huh? I know the feeling!! I'm

still kicking myself, for a '68 ES-355 Stereo (Cherry Red), that I let go, in

1972! There were other's, as well. But, that 355 was a Dream!!

"C'est La Vie!" [tongue][crying]

CB

• 2 weeks later...

Here's mine - it is a '61 Reissue that was a Guitar of the Week back in '04. I added a pair of Bare Knuckle Nantucket P90's and a Bigsby B3 with a Towner USA tension bar and hinge plate adapter (I love Bigsbys!).

My main guitar!

IMG_8826.jpg

Killer! Love the Bigsbys too, especially the look of a B3 on an SG.

• 2 weeks later...

Bringing my 1991 Standard out of a semi-retirement. Had her set-up, and had a custom pick guard made, as I've lost the original. The original was black, but I opted for "aged pearl" from WD Music.

Now let's see if this place will allow me to post another pic! LOL!.....

Gibson USA S-G Standard Tobacco Sunburst (1978):

IMG_0555_zps60jhbvlw.jpg

Gibson USA SG Supra Antique Natural (originally 2012; this replacement was made in 2013):

IMG_0496_zpsjc0e3dvr.jpg

Gibson USA Frank Zappa "Roxy" SGs (2013):

IMG_0448_zpslb9ozlfp.jpg

Gibson USA SG Standard Bass Worn Ebony (2011):

IMG_1133_zpspzasfctx.jpg

Gibson USA SG Standard Bass Heritage Cherry (2012):

IMG_1041_zpsmpylzt5j.jpg

With that pickguard, it's a '65, at the latest! Your's has the small pickguard ('61-65), and 6-screw version, which was added

in '64! '61-63 had a 4 screw small pickguards! In 1966, they changed the neck heel and joint, for "added strength and stability," and added

the larger "Batwing" pickguard, as well. So, your's was even more "vintage" that you thought! [biggrin] Sorry, to hear that it was stolen!! [cursing]

• 4 weeks later...

Current crop:

SG Special Pewter with ebony board (I changed the guard and knobs to black), SG 60s Tribute (crazy good, especially for the money), SGX with Ebony Board (I have a black guard for this but one of the screws has a stripped head and I can't get it out.)

SGs%2002_zpsfc7fbblv.jpg

And the ones that I've let go:

61 Reissue

SG61reissueSmall.jpg

Sg Special Teal Flip Flop finish.

TealSGsmall01.jpg

TealSgsmall06.jpg

I don't have a pic of my old standard.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my family of SGs... from L to R: '73 SG Standard Deluxe, 2006 '61 RI, '04 SG Standard, and my '16 SG Special T (70's tribute).

IMG_2334.jpg

Awesome collection JamGuy!

Loads of gorgeous SG's have been added since I last checked in on this thread [thumbup][smile]

Archived