Gibson Brands Forums

Bob Dylan 2nd Edition

JuanCarlosVejar

I like that one better than the rosewood version. Not because of the rosewood, but it just seems too ornate to play. I guess that is why this one is called the players version. The other one is more of a collectors guitar, only meant to look at. AKA the not as fun version.

The second edition is a adi/maple with less ornamental guards :

BobDylan-SJ-200-PlayersEd_vs_m_zpsa97343ce.jpeg

This is the unsigned version and is called the players edition.

I saw a picture of one of these with just one guard so they may be available as a 1 guard guitar

I believe it's somewhere in the 4.5-5 k range

JC

I like this one a bit better than the other one, Juan Carlos, but the 'non-player' price tag is a putoff. The red spruce is a bonus, and I kinda like the inlays, since they're a bit different.

I would lose the upper pickguard as soon as I got it tho'.

Fred

I like this one a bit better than the other one, Juan Carlos, but the 'non-player' price tag is a putoff. The red spruce is a bonus, and I kinda like the inlays, since they're a bit different.

I would lose the upper pickguard as soon as I got it tho'.

Fred

Don't worry about it Fred. It'll probably fall off before you get it home.

Just don't try to play it.

I think you meant to say "don't try to play with it"... I put my Hummingbird in an airtight case and the poor thing died.

Ok just for the fun of it. It was -12 at my house last night and the humidity was all the way up to 20%. Bozeman is the perfect place for guitars. You guys in Florida better keep quiet or we just might have to pay you a visit. It's 10:30am and it's up to +10. Heat wave......

I think you meant to say "don't try to play with it"... I put my Hummingbird in an airtight case and the poor thing died.

Ok just for the fun of it. It was -12 at my house last night and the humidity was all the way up to 20%. Bozeman is the perfect place for guitars. You guys in Florida better keep quiet or we just might have to pay you a visit. It's 10:30am and it's up to +10. Heat wave......

Sunny and 75 here right now, but the humidity in my office is up to 68%. My guitars are going to explode, along with my head.......

Enjoy the cold. Me? I likes my beer cold and my air warm.

Archived