Gibson Brands Forums

Sorrento in the near future

Californiaman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aEDwqyw4mU

Well after long searching, I have found the Epiphone Sorrento I've been looking for, for some time now.

I like the hollow body guitars. It'll be nice to have a thinner hollow body in the stable.

It's a Sorrento Reissue Vibrotone (Model ETSO)

- similar to Sorrento, except features a Bigsby-derived Vibrotone tremolo, available in Gold Flake, Orange, Silver Flake, or Turquoise finish, mfg. 1997-98.

I should have the guitar in a couple of weeks and will post some photos when I get it.

Anybody know the blue book on it?

Just wondering. I've seen similar models selling around 1K.

It's just like this one, but a different color.

Will yours have the P-90-style p'ups or the slim mini-hums as per the original Sorrento, Cali?

I would say the mini's are a safer bet for anyone with a yen for performing with a semi-hollow if it wasn't for the fact that the nicest s-h I've played was a '64 P-90'd ES-330.

No feedback howl whatsoever to be heard at the (fairly decent) volume level I was using.

I have had a hankering for one of the Olive-'Burst (is that right?) Sorrentos for years. Single or double-p'up; I like them both.

They occasionally come up for sale here in London and aren't too far overpriced. They all ARE overpriced but, as I say, usually not too far...

I'll keep an eye out on this one Cali.

Nice choice!

P.

Will yours have the P-90-style p'ups or the slim mini-hums as per the original Sorrento, Cali?

I would say the mini's are a safer bet for anyone with a yen for performing with a semi-hollow if it wasn't for the fact that the nicest s-h I've played was a '64 P-90'd ES-330.

No feedback howl whatsoever to be heard at the (fairly decent) volume level I was using.

I have had a hankering for one of the Olive-'Burst (is that right?) Sorrentos for years. Single or double-p'up; I like them both.

They occasionally come up for sale here in London and aren't too far overpriced. They all ARE overpriced but, as I say, usually not too far...

I'll keep an eye out on this one Cali.

Nice choice!

P.

Mine will have the P-90s. It's a Peerless Plant from the late 1990s.

Archived