Gibson Brands Forums

Where are they now

daveg

I guess the guitar I most wonder about is Dave Mason's Firebird V. It was THE guitar that made me have to have a reverse Firebird.

I've done a few google searches and come up with no answers. I had a short conversation with Dave about 6-8 years ago and should have asked him. Maybe there is some sort of blog on his website, I think I'll go check.

The one I wonder about most often is the Gibson L5CT (with humbuckers) that Stephen Stills and David Crosby used back in the late '60's.

David_Crosby_L-5.jpgcrosby_springfield.jpg

buffalon-springield-800.jpg

I suppose Crosby may still have it (or Stills, or Young, or...?).

Anyway, it was like mine, and you don't see many of them around with hb's.

63L5CTWhurst.jpg

=====

I also wonder about this Gobel with a Charlie Christian pickup, which was used by the Chicago-based singer Frank D'Rone, who passed away about a year ago.

NavyPier1.jpg

Hello Dave!

Not a recent info, but that`s what I`ve found:

http://www.christies.com/lotfinder/lot/gibson-incorporated-a-custom-semi-hollowbody-electric-4580968-details.aspx?intObjectID=4580968

Best wishes... Bence

Great find Bence.

I only ever associated him with the L5 with the CC PU until "All The Way". He sent me another (autographed) pic of him with the es355 and a short note about it. I don't think that it suited his style at all but that could have been because it was new to him at that time.

But it adds to the portfolio of Low Impedance equipped instruments from that era.

DG

Archived