Gibson Brands Forums

2014 Gibson SG Mini-Etune Truss Rod Cover

tbrooks

Hi,

I'm about ready to pull the trigger and purchase this guitar, but I see something that I can't seem to find anywhere else. The truss rod cover on the pictures for the new guitars say Mini-Etune. The Mini is white and the Etune is red. Now I know this seems minor and I hope it is, but I haven't seen it anywhere else including the Gibson site. It's advertised as a 2014 and everything from a spec perspective appears to be the same as every other site I've shopped around. This is the only thing I see different. Can anyone speak to this? Now the odd thing is if you go look at all of the open box options for this guitar, it's the regular white "Etune" on the truss rod.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/gibson-2014-sg-standard-electric-guitar

I guess no one has seen what I'm talking about. I've also emailed Gibson support directly with my question and have not received any response. I did ask Musician Friend customer service, and they just said they may have changed manufacturing half way through the year, but I'm not buying that. I can't really see them selling a guitar where the specs are different, but it's just odd this is the only site that has this difference.

I guess no one has seen what I'm talking about. I've also emailed Gibson support directly with my question and have not received any response. I did ask Musician Friend customer service, and they just said they may have changed manufacturing half way through the year, but I'm not buying that. I can't really see them selling a guitar where the specs are different, but it's just odd this is the only site that has this difference.

It's pretty common for there to be changes during the production year that don't get listed on the spec sheet on the Gibson site. It's not a big deal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I picked up a 2014 SG Standard with walnut finish, used for $1199 Canadian. I really love it. But the truss rod cover really bugs me. Mine just says Etune and its a smaller white font. Luckily though. I was able to find a truss rod cover that has the standard SG on it via Ebay. I won't dare say how much I ended up paying for it. :( I can't wait to get it. If I couldn't find the SG one, I'd probably get the Les Paul "Standard" cover.

And Hello. This is my first post here. Nice to be back among the Gibson folks.

I picked up a 2014 SG Standard with walnut finish, used for $1199 Canadian. I really love it. But the truss rod cover really bugs me. Mine just says Etune and its a smaller white font. Luckily though. I was able to find a truss rod cover that has the standard SG on it via Ebay. I won't dare say how much I ended up paying for it. :( I can't wait to get it. If I couldn't find the SG one, I'd probably get the Les Paul "Standard" cover.

And Hello. This is my first post here. Nice to be back among the Gibson folks.

Welcome mrallroy .... I actually found a company in Canada I believe and they did a custom truss cover and pick guard for me. The truss cover is an American Flag and pick guard and a picture of the submarine I served on when I was in the Navy. I hope you experience with the Tronical E-Tune system is good. I've finally decided to remove the system. I'm having 18:1 Grover Tuners installed. They system just never worked the way I expected. :-(

Archived