Gibson Brands Forums

ES-5 on EPAY

retrorod

Sorry Jim ! First, I did it to myself. Then.....when the pain of looking and not having became so great, I knew I could not "shoulder-on" with it.......I just had to spread it around. [crying]

Man, that IS the "total package" from the "glory days" is it not?

Sorry Jim ! First, I did it to myself. Then.....when the pain of looking and not having became so great, I knew I could not "shoulder-on" with it.......I just had to spread it around. [crying]

Man, that IS the "total package" from the "glory days" is it not?

It IS the "total package". Bigsby even.

And just think, rather than being a reissue of something, this is what would be reissued.

I wonder what the neck feels like.

Sold for a bit over 11 cake.

I don't know what the "actual" value is these days, but some guitars just have that thing that can overcome price because that are just so damn nice. This surely, is one of those.

Not that I'm saying it isn't worth 11k, I might guess even a little more.

3 PAF's and an original Bigsby help. Case too.

How about that? A deal was struck.

I could only lay my hands on the 2012 VG price quide(bible) and 11,500 is at the high end for one of these in exc. cond. ....so I guess that was a good price for the seller and a 'fair' price for the buyer. Hopefully both parties are happy.

From my past experience, I bet the buyer is happiest [thumbup]

I try to keep up with the vintage mkt pricing and sales on Ebay. Guitars that actually sell in that price range are rare. The majority of vintage sales seem to sell for quite a bit less then what the VG price guide lists the value at,.for a particular guitar.

Dealing with guitars at that price point makes me nervous anyway... [scared]

Archived