Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson SG Standard 2005 Ebony

Kineman Karma

It is with great sadness that i request your assistance as I am trying to locate a Black 2005 Gibson SG serial number 00055306 that my brother sold to Cash Converters at Kilkenny SA earlier this year. My brother was tragically killed in a hit run accident last thursday night. He loved this guitar very much as it was a gift to him from me whilst he was playing in our band for the last 4 years. I would like to recover the SG to keep in the family to maintain his memory and cherrish something that was lovingly apart of him. We did a lot of gig's with that guitar and it holds great memories. Any assistance would be sincerely appreciated. :(

post-25733-047467500 1418008622_thumb.jpg

Very Sorry, for the loss of your brother!

As to the SG? The best bet is to start where he sold it. They should have a receipt, for not only the buy,

but any subsequent sale. Possibly a driver's license, of the purchaser, with address and phone. Otherwise,

you'll be reliant on memories, of the sales people, or manager, which can be problematic, if/when there are

a lot of transactions made, every day. Is the "Cash Converter's" facility a large one, or in a smaller town,

or city. You'd most likely have more luck, the smaller it is. Unless they have excellent transaction records.

Another option, if you haven't already done so, is ads in local and/or area newspapers. Maybe even an ad,

at all the local/area musician's hangouts, as well.

Good Luck, truly!

Cheers,

CB

If seen, of corse. But being honest it won't likely be recovered. Thing is, I don't think stores or shops are even allowed to disclose that kind of info, even if they had it. And of corse, even if they DID choose to contact a buyer with an offer of buying back, what would they ask?

It really sucks about your brother. No guitar or possession will bring that back.

I can not relate to loosing a brother, but I can in two ways. Firstly, I have lost a lot of guitars, stuff, memories that I wish I had. It does kinda hurt sometimes, but then I ask myself, what difference would it make? It's the memories that are more important than the stuff.

Also, lost a really good friend I used to play with. Naturally, his "guitar" and other stuff meant a lot to a few people. But none of it worth the aftermath caused by who got what. In fact, an amp I had given him and willed to is worth a pretty penny now, and I refuse to go and get it even though I have legal and moral right to. I want no part of it.

Said all that to say, I doubt those who have gone before us want us worrying about such things. And, it's a tough enough road before us with the stuff we have no choice over. And sometimes, there ain't no avoiding the tough road. It's just got to be.

Good luck to you, sir, and a prayer. Hoping you get further on up the road sooner than later, and it goes to a good place.

Yeah, I understand the likelihood of retrieving the SG is pretty slim! But, I also understand

the "sentimentality," as well. Won't hurt to try, to recover it, if it will bring some "peace"

of mind? To some, guitars are merely "tools" and don't have any sentimental value, at all.

To other's they're full of memories, and values associated with that.

Follow your heart! And, again...Good Luck!

CB

Archived