Gibson Brands Forums

Do you have the Christmas Spirit yet?

daveinspain

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've come to terms with xmas and love it now. I used to hate it because of all of the materialism and gifts. I am also an atheist and recovering Catholic so the whole religious angle annoyed me. For me it is about getting together with family, eating a killer meal, and having a few drinks. I love the season because it is a wondrous celebration of winter (I'm a little pagan in this regard), snow, and staying warm by the fire along with bright colorful lights. I frequently find myself reminiscing around this time of year of growing up in rural Michigan and dragging my sled from hill to hill.

Once we get our yule tree up on Sunday I'll be in full xmas spirit.

its slowly creeping in. the house has been decorated for a week or so. my wife and youngest kid always does (does or do ??) the decorating. i just drag everything out from the attic. thats my job... that and putting the star on top of the tree... i have all the ornaments that my folks had when i was a little kid. and i have 1/2 a dozen ornaments that belonged to my grandfather in the 1940's ... I love seeing the old ornaments.

My Christmas spirit has come and "almost" gone.

I did all my shopping in Oct.- Nov. so it feels like Christmas has been such a long holiday<I guess because I have been looking at all the wrapped gifts for so long> but I am sure when I see my grandkids for the actual Christmas gathering, I am sure the spirit will kick back in.

But have to tell you, I sure don't miss the crazy crowds. Never again for me. I have shopped in Oct. Nov. for years now its the only way to do it.

watching the old christmas movies puts me in the Christmas Spirit... Its a wonderful life, Christmas Carol with Alistair Sim, Miracle on 34th st. always love the scene in Miracle on 34th st. when the little Dutch girl sat on Santa's lap and busted out smiling... what a little pumpkin .

A little bit but I've been shopping just for myself! Let's see, Buell S2T rider foot peg clevis, D'Addario 10 pack acoustic strings, Virtuoso guitar polish and cleaner, deposit on Triumph motorcycle...

I guess I've been a good boy this year.

I probably should think about getting the wife something, too.

Or what every you celebrate this time of year... I feel it coming but not quite here yet for me. I think I need a new guitar, an ES 175 will do the trick is anyone is listning... :rolleyes:

For me it starts when I get out there and hit the stores for some shopping. Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all.

I've come to terms with xmas and love it now. I used to hate it because of all of the materialism and gifts. I am also an atheist and recovering Catholic so the whole religious angle annoyed me. For me it is about getting together with family, eating a killer meal, and having a few drinks. I love the season because it is a wondrous celebration of winter (I'm a little pagan in this regard), snow, and staying warm by the fire along with bright colorful lights. I frequently find myself reminiscing around this time of year of growing up in rural Michigan and dragging my sled from hill to hill.

Once we get our yule tree up on Sunday I'll be in full xmas spirit.

I'm kinda like you on this one. Although I don't really believe the whole factual story of Christmas, I still can't help but feeling nostalgic when I hear the traditional carols and see all the decorations. It takes me back to a happy childhood and a lot of good memories.

Hate to be a downer guy's but this memo has just come out from the North Pole. Better post it here at the water cooler for all to read.

Memo from Santa to all North Pole staff:

Based upon the business pressures we are now experiencing the following concepts will be activated immediately.

1. The Partridge in the Pear Tree will be replaced with a much cheaper Canary in a plastic tree. The Pear tree has never been as fruitful as was anticipated.

2. The Two Turtle Doves will be split up and moved to different departments after the now well publicised sexual harassment claims have been settled.

3. The Three French Hens program will be scrapped. Egg production for the French market was always well outside of our core business. No more products aimed at the Easter market will be handled as research shows that Easter shrinks our market share.

4. The Four Calling Birds will be replaced with a predictive dialler. Although there is an emotional attachment to the Birds, they have proven to not be nearly as effective as the new dialler. If the dialler does not yield the desired results the telemarketing group may be outsourced offshore.

5. As to the Five Gold Rings, it has been a well documented and strongly supported directive that all phones must be answered within THREE rings, no more. The five ring policy is far outdated and must cease immediately.

6. The Six Geese are Laying program will be kept in operation although the geese will be moved to the call centre as supervisors. This decision was made after several agents were overheard talking about how much of a goose their existing Team Leader is.

7. The Seven Swans are Swimming will all be offered redundancy. The swans were brought on as a part of the ‘Office Beautification’ effort in the boom time of the late 90s. They are an obvious luxury overhead that will be replaced with a handful of goldfish (please do not feed the goldfish, they are fake).

8. The Eight Maids Are Milking will move into a job sharing arrangement with the reindeer groomers. Centralising all animal care into one group should allow us to cut staff numbers by at least 6. New technology will help this group deliver the daily elf milk ration direct to each workstation.

9. In line with the recently released Occupational Health and Safety rules, the Nine Ladies Dancing will have to be redeployed into the call centre as their dancing could cause a nasty tripping accident. This directive will not apply to Santa’s private dancer Trixie, she will continue her normal duties.

10. The Ten Lords a Leaping will be replaced by an email system. Santa has relented and admitted that ten men dressed in silly clothes jumping from desk to desk with messages may not have been the best use of company resources. It should be noted that email is not to be used for broadcasts to the entire North Pole unless pre-approved by Mary Chrissymas.

Hey guys, I have finally figured out why santa is always smiling.

See, he knows who's been naughty and who's been nice and he's making his list.

Therefore, going by this logic, he know's where all the naughty girls live see.

If I had that list, I'd be more than smiling...I'd be dangerous!

:rolleyes:

Archived