Gibson Brands Forums

JB Pelham blue

PaulMel

I would like to ask if anyone has ordered the Joe Bonamassa Les Paul in Pelham Blue. I pre-ordered mine in June and have not received it yet. I see them for sell and photos of ones that have been received.

Please let me know if anyone is still waiting and for how long.

I ordered it from SweetWater and they tell me they cannot get an answer on when it will ship from Epiphone. My patience has been exceeded. Since it is a special order I don't know if I can cancel and if I did if I could still purchase one from another vendor.

Hope Mills, NC

I would presume you could cancel the order due to unreasonable time frame. I know when I special ordered my Lee Malia Les Paul I asked that question. I told them I was not waiting months. They actually had a shipping date assigned to the order in a couple of days. Mine came a month early. I am sure yours does as well. If ya paid with visa or master card there would be no problem at all since you have not received you merchandise in a timely manner. It is your call to wait it out or cancel and try somewhere else. I walked into a GC store, which is much different than just a straight internet deal. I figured if they did not do what they said I could rant and rave in the store and cause them some grief. Good luck on what you decide to do. Maybe some others here know Sweetwaters policies............

I would presume you could cancel the order due to unreasonable time frame. I know when I special ordered my Lee Malia Les Paul I asked that question. I told them I was not waiting months. They actually had a shipping date assigned to the order in a couple of days. Mine came a month early. I am sure yours does as well. If ya paid with visa or master card there would be no problem at all since you have not received you merchandise in a timely manner. It is your call to wait it out or cancel and try somewhere else. I walked into a GC store, which is much different than just a straight internet deal. I figured if they did not do what they said I could rant and rave in the store and cause them some grief. Good luck on what you decide to do. Maybe some others here know Sweetwaters policies............

Did you get a Lee Malia here in the USA ? If so and you have it in your possesion how do you like it ? I was considering buying one myself.

Yes I got it at GC. It is in my possession. I ordered it around the 1st of October and was given a delivery date of Jan 12. It came in on the 8th of December.

It is a great guitar with killer looks. Plays very nice with good tonal quality. Big problem is I do not know of any stores that stock them. They seam to be all special order. Really weird why music stores here in the USA elected not to stock them. I wish someone could enlighten me on this.

Steve

I'm curious how the Les Paul Standard is from a quality perspective vs the Les Paul Custom Pro. I own a pro and have been very happy. I ordered the JB more as a collectors item. With all the extras I'm kind of expecting the quality to be significantly less than a custom pro. Just curious if anyone can speakly directly to this. Thanks!

Archived