Gibson Brands Forums

Oi, Epiphone!

Lord Summerisle

Dear Epiphone,

With Christmas approaching I was writing my letter to Santa, only I am very sad because you don't make what I really want, and have shown no recent intention of ever making one that I have seen.

Let's see: you manufacture countless versions of the Les Paul and SG, and also many takes on semi-hollow and hollow-bodied guitars. But you infrequently offer one of the coolest guitars your parent company ever made, and even then you only ever make it available in its more mainstream format. In fact, I don't think you've made a version of the guitar I'm talking about since the late '80s or something like that.

Some famous guitarists have used the guitar I want. I know you like artist connections when it comes to guitars, so maybe the pictures below will help.

I can't afford a Gibson one (even used), hence I am relying on you to address this oversight in your line-up, so that maybe Santa will bring me one for Christmas next year. Please.....

Sincerely,

Lord Summerisle (aged 37 1/2).

gibson_non_reverse_firebird_brian_jones_1966_psychedelic_rocknroll.jpg

Gatemouth.JPG

790-finsbury06lug-07.jpg

I've been pushing this very subject now, for several years. Here's what I would like, only with an E on it.

nrfb_zps3750304f.jpg

Heck, I'd even settle for one like this....

NRfirebird_zps857878ca.jpg

Whichever one it is, it's got to have real firebird pick ups. Not Soap Bars, not mini-hums, not humbuckers, real FBs.

Another guitar i would also like to see Epiphone release in addition to your choice which i am all for would be to re-issue the Epiphone ES 295 Scotty Moore Hollowbody Goldtop with P90's and Bigsby. But i am happy to mention that i had the great fortune to order the very last Epiphone G 1275 Doubleneck that was available online through zZounds. It is shipping out to me next week !

I've been pushing this very subject now, for several years. Here's what I would like, only with an E on it.

nrfb_zps3750304f.jpg

Heck, I'd even settle for one like this....

That's exactly what I'm looking for, and I'll happily pay "high end Epiphone" money for it (i.e. priced like a Les Paul Tribute, if necessary).

What I do not want is a "studio" model with full-sized humbuckers, etc - just a funny-shaped G-400, in other words.

In a line-up awash with Les Pauls, SGs, and ES-clones, I feel that Epiphone has never taken the Firebird as seriously as it should have (the mid-2000s Firebird [reverse] VII, aside - and even that was a set-neck, not the real [reverse] Firebird deal).

Maybe Epi is due a "Year of the Firebird," soon. Make a proper, through-neck Firebird reverse, and a proper non-reverse Firebird, and I promise you faithfully, Dr. Epiphone, I'll buy both....

Archived