Gibson Brands Forums

The pain of not playing enough

Rabs

Its been a while since I has a serious play..

I go through stages where I don't play much at all and especially since I started building, most days im to knackered too..

But this evening I must have had a good two hour session, and man it was fun. I was testing out my new builds and getting the pickup heights right an all that..

And then I remembered the pain of not having played in a while

and its gotten bigger since this pic...

DSC_0772_zpsbcb7733f.jpg

Play some acoustic if you really want some pain, wimp. [rolleyes]

Lol.. yeah I don't mind really.. its worth it for the fun of playing :)

I will just have to try and make sure to keep my calluses going this time ;)

No pain...no pain! [biggrin]

Seriously, that does not look good. The only cure for that is to take a break.

Unless I'm on travel I only miss a day here and there of playing. So I can put my fingers on a hot plate and I should be fine.

Yeah I have to resist the urge not to pop it ... I know it will go down in a day or so..

I still played a bit tonight though (cos I made a quick vid of my new builds), just stuck a plaster over it, but it certainly showed in my playing :unsure: ....

Theres no actual pain, its just annoying. :)

From the location of the blister, you must play at a severe angle. Most players have calluses or blistering in the middle of the finger tip. Does your wrist get tired?

Donno... My wrist doesn't normally get tired..

I think its cos I usually do bends with that finger...

Wait till you have a operation and gave to sit and just look at your guitar, I've been finger playing the neck

Been there...

My appendix exploded a few years back.. I couldn't do much for a while that had anything to do with my stomach area (getting up and sitting back down was hard) and it took me many months to get over that... Not fun at all.

Been there...

My appendix exploded a few years back.. I couldn't do much for a while that had anything to do with my stomach area (getting up and sitting back down was hard) and it took me many months to get over that... Not fun at all.

Mine was one my wrist , couldn't even bend it

Archived