Gibson Brands Forums

aging a pickup selector knob

Eracer_Team

I have a pickup selector knob that is as bright as a snowy day... rest of the guitar is either amber or gold.

no body in town has that stupid little selector switch knob in aged amber and I don't see the point of paying for internet shipping of a 1.25 knob.

any suggestions on trying to "age" it to a yellow/gold-ish ?

I've left it sitting in coke for a week,, still white, I left it sitting red wine now for a week.. it's still white..

suggestions?

I have a pickup selector knob that is as bright as a snowy day... rest of the guitar is either amber or gold.

no body in town has that stupid little selector switch knob in aged amber and I don't see the point of paying for internet shipping of a 1.25 knob.

any suggestions on trying to "age" it to a yellow/gold-ish ?

I've left it sitting in coke for a week,, still white, I left it sitting red wine now for a week.. it's still white..

suggestions?

I have an extra one..... Send me your address and it will be in the mail tomorrow

Just buy a Gibson amber selector knob. It's the same one they use on the Custom Shop LP's. And by the way, the amber knobs are not aged. That is that color that Switch Craft used in the 1950's. The knobs were made of amber colored Catalin, sometimes called bakelite in error. It was used for drawer pulls and jewelry.

Hello!

My 2011 Classic Custom's plastic parts already aging to amber.

I am heavy smoker, though.

So, however I won't recommend You to pick up this nasty habit, You might expose it to nicotine somehow. [blink]

Cheers... Bence

Archived