Gibson Brands Forums

Epi Broadway Elitist on CL

geoffsct

yea,, That is a beauty.

I think the price hinges on a few factors, 1: the Elitist were all MIJ and they were all made top notch components and outstanding craftsman ship.

These were not mass produced production models like the Broadways MIK. (that said I have an MIK broadway, it's a great guitar, for the price, an outstanding value. I doubt it's as good as the Elitist)

and #2, since they are all now discontinued, it does seem some the Elitist arch-tops (like the Brydlands and Broadways for example) are fetching higher prices than what they were originally purchased for.

I have an Elitist Chet Atkins that I picked up in 2004, back then, I was into it for about $1,500. I could probably sell it for that easy today if not more.

I really liked my standard laminated MIK Broadway and still do play it a lot but the Elitist is really a whole different animal. It's much closer to (now I'm not saying it IS one) an L5. It's about 1/4" thicker and the solid wood gives a richer tone too. The whole feel of it is quality. Like they were really shooting for an L5 and came damn close in my opinion. Most Gibby L5ers would disagree.

Archived