Gibson Brands Forums

LPJ 2013 tuning machines

St-Eek

Hi guys,

I have LPJ 2013 to which I want to replace the stock tuning machines with Planet Waves PWAT-332L.

On the 'Planet waves' there is only 1 hole for the screw and on the LPJ's Kluson there are 2.

Tried to find some measures but couldn't.

Will they fit ?

Does anybody have an experience doing that ?

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Milen

Hi guys,

I have LPJ 2013 to which I want to replace the stock tuning machines with Planet Waves PWAT-332L.

On the 'Planet waves' there is only 1 hole for the screw and on the LPJ's Kluson there are 2.

Tried to find some measures but couldn't.

Will they fit ?

Does anybody have an experience doing that ?

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Milen

Hello.

I was just looking on their homepage but theres only little info about them.

If you realy wan't to change them i would mail them directly and ask if they fit on your guitar.

I´d also like to ask you if you have trouble with the stock tuners?

I own a 13 LPJ myself and i like the Klusons very much. I do lots of bendings and they always stay tuned perfectly.

I would maybe check out Schaller locking tuners heard lot´s of good stuff about them.

The stock tuners are Tonepros Kluson maybe you find there something you like, I have changed my bridge and tailpiece for a Tonepros set and it works very good.

I wasn´t sure if the set i wanted would fit, mailed them and got a real quick response.

Greetz Marcos

Hello.

I was just looking on their homepage but theres only little info about them.

If you realy wan't to change them i would mail them directly and ask if they fit on your guitar.

I´d also like to ask you if you have trouble with the stock tuners?

I own a 13 LPJ myself and i like the Klusons very much. I do lots of bendings and they always stay tuned perfectly.

I would maybe check out Schaller locking tuners heard lot´s of good stuff about them.

The stock tuners are Tonepros Kluson maybe you find there something you like, I have changed my bridge and tailpiece for a Tonepros set and it works very good.

I wasn´t sure if the set i wanted would fit, mailed them and got a real quick response.

Greetz Marcos

Hi,

I wanted to change the stock ones with locking tuners for the ease of changing strings and the stability.

With one band I play in a lot of different tunings during a show so wanted something more stable.

As you said I may try to contact Planet Waves via email with the question.

Thanks,

Kind Regards,

Milen

Archived