Gibson Brands Forums

Three more Ltd Ed LPs

Rabs

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-Traditional-Mahogany-Top.aspx

Created to meet players’ demands for a guitar with the specs of the great Les Pauls that rocked the world through the ’80s and ’90s, the Les Paul Traditional has become a favorite in the Gibson USA lineup. The Limited Edition Les Paul Traditional Mahogany Top adds the enhanced warmth and resonance of that exalted tonewood to the un-routed mahogany body that gives this model its superb punch and sustain. A glued-in mahogany neck sports the popular new rounded XL profile that just feels so right in the hand, while a thicker, one-piece bound rosewood fingerboard with pearl trapezoid inlays joins other advancements for 2015, including automated G-Force™ tuners standard for breathtakingly easy re-tuning and an adjustable nickel-plated zero-fret nut. A pair of new ’59 Tribute humbuckers capture all the sonic glory of original PAFs to let it all sing sweetly through your amp of choice, and Orange Drop capacitors deliver smooth, rich tone adjustments. Each guitar will be hand numbered with a three-digit number indicating its place in the total number of guitars made.

LPTDM15ANNH1-Hero_zpsc246ee47.jpg

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-Classic-Rock-Series-II.aspx

The Limited Edition Les Paul Classic “Rock” II from Gibson USA takes this popular model’s marriage of timeless appointments and hot-rod features and kicks it all over the top with a stunning marble top finish. Black binding, chrome knobs with abalone inlays, and pearl trapezoid fingerboard inlays combine to enhance this scorching guitar’s exclusive appearance, all gracing the traditional complement of carved maple top and mahogany body with traditional weight relief. The Limited Edition Les Paul Classic “Rock” II taps into unseen capabilities and unprecedented versatility when you dig deeper into the clever wiring behind this versatile guitar. A Burst Bucker 1 in the neck and hotter Burst Bucker 2 in the bridge are routed through individual volume controls with push-pull coil splitting for single-coil tones, and beside the master tone lies a mini-toggle to engage the built-in 15 dB Turbo Boost. G-Force™ automated tuners and a new-for-2015 zero-fret nut round out this brilliant blend of innovation and tradition. Each guitar will be hand numbered with a three-digit number indicating its place in the total number of guitars made.

[scared] The closest yet a LP has become to looking like a marble kitchen surface top :P

LPCSRMACH1-Hero_zps1bc35833.jpg

Now this one I like.. I quite like the idea of the skinny LPS

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-Less-Plus-P-90.aspx

The Limited Edition Less Plus P-90 brings original mid-’50s features like a Goldtop finish and fabled fat single-coil P-90 pickups to the thinner, lighter body that has won so many fans for the Less Plus series. All of the essential Les Paul features are here, including a carved maple top on a (thinner!) weight-relieved mahogany body, and a glued-in mahogany neck with rounded-C profile. The bound rosewood fingerboard features traditional pearl trapezoid inlays, and vintage gold top hat knobs grace the time-tested control layout. Round it out with classic hardware at one end, and Gibson USA’s new-for-2015 G-Force™ automated tuners and adjustable nickel-plated zero-fret nut at the other, and it’s a stunning ’50s-flavored Les Paul at an unbeatable price. Each guitar will be hand numbered with a three-digit number indicating its place in the total number of guitars made.

LPLPP15GTNH1-Hero_zpsd31be36b.jpg

LPLPP15GTNH1-Side-Shot_zpsf4ce9070.jpg

LPLPP15GTNH1-Glam-Shot_zps72b64946.jpg

Donny, you got a point there, I didn't think in terms of features and cost. Gibson problem could get some savings going away from a maple top.

Then again I like the look of plain wood with the grains. (especially on a Strat or Tele).

Can't answer that one definitively Donny, but they certainly want us to think they are...

"A glued-in mahogany neck sports the popular new rounded XL profile that just feels so right in the hand..."

Having been around the internet once or twice and the comments I've heard from other players at GC & Sam Ash, that claim now begs the question, "Popular with WHO???"

Have they found a world-wide market of buyers who don't post on any of the guitar forums? Have we been excluded from a new Fan-Boy Forum where everyone universally LIKES these abominations guitars?

Now I feel like an outcast... [flapper]

I am in love with the mahogany one.

LPTDM15ANNH1-Glam-Shot.jpg

Always wanted to an all-mahogany Les Paul (then, how many times I did say such a thing).

That one, and the 7-string Classic are my favorites from the 2015 line-up.

LPCS7EBCH1-Glam-Shot.jpg

Cheers... Bence

Can't answer that one definitively Donny, but they certainly want us to think they are...

Having been around the internet once or twice and the comments I've heard from other players at GC & Sam Ash, that claim now begs the question, "Popular with WHO???"

Have they found a world-wide market of buyers who don't post on any of the guitar forums? Have we been excluded from a new Fan-Boy Forum where everyone universally LIKES these abominations guitars?

Now I feel like an outcast... [flapper]

I was thinking.....uhhh that's dangerous!

I've seen a lot of wisdom, know-how, and mojo here in the forum.

Why do we all not join together, go to the underground build a city with a nice guitar fatrory? I bet we could build better Gibson's then Gibson does.

Yes beautiful isn't it? Thats a real Les Paul not one of the counterfeits Gibson is trying to pass off in 2015. That was a 2013 Custom Shop Aged 1960 VOS Gibson Les Paul Standard Plain Top. It clearanced out for $3999.00 This is the non aged.

These are real Les Pauls...

I agree..

But then I would :)

IMG_0163_zps824afc25.jpg

That is a great picture of your classic Rabs. I really like the vintage burst - mine is a 2003 lightburst - I wish they still made them like the old ones.

Cheers.. I do love that guitar very much.. Its just perfect.. :)

hows this one with my Slash amp I am proud to own both of them

DSC_0287_zps47e3bf72.jpg

Just like mine too

1517577_4814361493669_1772139319403766339_n.jpg?oh=8fddad113294b0d0a649a35befb984bd&oe=550F661B

Yes it is awesome looking, so your ok with wider neck adjustable brass nut and Les Paul script then? I'm just curious its totally cool if you are.

The brass nut is ok, the script is horrid but I could live with that. The neck...horrible. I tried to bond with a 2015 standard (it has the most beautiful top) but it just feels terrible. Way too flat and wide, very hard to get my thumb over the top. It did have fantastic action. I really like that LP trad, but will have to pass. I think for players used to a classical guitar or maybe Ibanez style necks, they may like these new Gibson's.

Maybe someone high up wishes he ran PRS instead of Gibson...

That'd be okay with me. I could live with PRS being ruined updated if that meant we'd get some actual Les Pauls rolling off the assembly line again.

Can somebody get Henry an application and some directions to Maryland? ](*,)

The Classic and Traditional should remain Classic and Traditional.

That's the obvious solution right there. There's nothing "Classic" or "Traditional" about the 2015s.

With the Classic & Traditional, we had a choice of neck profiles. Personally, I preferred the 60's profile.

Unfortunately, I wasn't blessed with long, skinny fingers. I'm stuck with these little Jimmy Dean sausages. They get around a fingerboard okay, but they'll never be comfortable trying to wrap around these new necks.

The mahogany LP has tasteful looks. My mind is not made up on the kitchen counter top LP. I like P90s also.

Yeah thats like what? Supposed to get us used to no more maple tops next?

I understand/realize your ire Donny, but I also know they've always had a Mahogany top model. In fact originally all Black Beauty's and Customs (Starting in '54?) were Maple topless... There's a darker richer tone out of an all Mahogany body that is superb in its own right...

I also suspect, rather assuredly, that I'm not telling you anything you don't already know... eusa_shifty.gif

They've carried that tradition thru quite often in limited runs and it's not the first all Mahogany Traditional...

That P90 GoldTop Lite looks awesome to me! I think I want one, but without the gizmo on he headstock...

I wonder how much that puppy is going for these days...

I gotta look away, I can't afford GAS right now... Not with Christmas coming up and the debt I've already accrued purchasing gear & guitars on...

Archived