Gibson Brands Forums

Help find a Gibson j45 Cobra Burst

Inna

Hello everyone!

My name is Inna and I live in Australia.

I'm searching for a Gibson j45 in Cobra Burst to give as a surprise 30th present. Unfortunately, in Australia nobody seems to stock it! ](*,) Now, if I purchase it from an overseas retailer, the manufacturer's warranty is lost. Apart from this, the other thing is that I'd be buying a $2500+ guitar without seeing it first; risking it getting damaged in transit; as well as the extra government fees that may arise in customs!

Does anyone know of a music store in Australia that can do a special customer order from Gibson?

I'd really appreciate any help!!! :)

Try calling the Acoustic Centre in Melbourne?

I just gave them a call. Very helpful staff! He called Gibson direct and got back to me within 30 mins. Unfortunately Gibson has stopped making them and therefore there's none left anywhere! Just my luck ](*,)

I've found one in the States but I'm not sure what customs will charge me. Any ideas on the fees associated with shipping a $2,700 guitar from USA to Australia?

What a nice 30th birthday present.

definately not for bluesking or flatbaroque then ! who hopefully will chirp in here with advice. ... especially bluesking who must be one of Australia's major importers by now :)

he'll know all about the taxes and time etc.

I think someone said on the forum once that the cobra guitars were popular is Asia.

is it hard to deal with japan ?

There is one Gibson J45 Cobra Burst in Sofia-Bulgaria-East Europe in the shop of the local Gibson dealer "Music Center Ikonomov" (MCI)

The adress of the shop is:

Bulgaria, Sofia 1000 "Lavale" 11 street

Phone numbers: +359879594460 ; +359897712280

e-mails: gc@mci-bg.com sales@mci-bg.com

The online price of the instrument is 3812Leva (bulgarian curency). = 2435USD today (17.12.2014)

I have played the instrument and I can assure you that the guitar is brand new and in a mint condition.

Here is a link to the internet page where this Cobra burst is for sale: http://rockshock.eu/...8.html?start=54

Good luck!!!!!

msp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gif

Yep I'm sure BluesKing 777 will give you some advice when he sees this. He works from home and manages to peek at the forum in between his real job...ie playing a heap of nice guitars.

As BBG said he imports with the best of them.

I'm in Sydney and bought a J-45 in Tokyo on a holiday.

I fessed up to customs when i got home but they charged me no duty on my $2000 purchase.I think the bloke felt sorry for me because my case was slightly damaged in transit.

Hello everyone!

My name is Inna and I live in Australia.

I'm searching for a Gibson j45 in Cobra Burst to give as a surprise 30th present. Unfortunately, in Australia nobody seems to stock it! ](*,) Now, if I purchase it from an overseas retailer, the manufacturer's warranty is lost. Apart from this, the other thing is that I'd be buying a $2500+ guitar without seeing it first; risking it getting damaged in transit; as well as the extra government fees that may arise in customs!

Does anyone know of a music store in Australia that can do a special customer order from Gibson?

I'd really appreciate any help!!! :)

I am almost certain I saw one at Guitar Resurrection Austin TX recently. http://www.guitarrez.com

Good Luck and Merry Christmas!

Archived