Gibson Brands Forums

Simple tunes... Simple Gibson Awesomeness

MorrisrownSal

I love this one... The Lowlands

I love it, too. If anything, young Hanna and McEuen are even more talented than their fathers, which is saying a lot.

Jonathan's voice here is nothing short of perfect for the song. When he comes in for his solo, right after the first bridge, your hair sort of stands on end. Nothing like growing up in a great musical family.

Always wanted to post about the new Tweedy record, but never did, so I jump this thread:

Saw him live last month, though the band performance was great, highlight was his solo performance at the end of the show.

I got a little bored with wilco releases lately, but the tweedy album, though not pretty catchy on first listening, is just great.

How do you guys embed the videos, tried almost everything.

A few days ago, this from ThemisSal:

3) Follow these instructions for posting your video here from now on: 10 Steps. Crap there is a song in this....

Step 1. Open up two internet windows. One for this forum, where you are all set up to post - like you are doing now. Start a new topic. The second window will have your YouTube video up.

Step 2. In the window with your Youtube, click your mouse up in the web address bar. It will read something like this: " https://www.youtube....h?v=qnfxUvRq3JU "

Step 3. Rightclick your mouse and choose "select all"

Step 4. Rightclick a second time, and choose "copy"

Step 5. Go to the internet window with the Gibson forum up.... where you started a new topic. Click into the area of your post after you type "hi - here is my song: "

Step 6. Do another Rightclick of your mouse, and select "paste"

Step 7. Your post will now have this in it: https://www.youtube....h?v=qnfxUvRq3JU

Step 8. Delete the small s that comes right after "http"

Step 9. You are done. Click on the post button, or the add reply button at the bottom of your post.

Step 10. Pour a bourbon.

Always wanted to post about the new Tweedy record, but never did, so I jump this thread:

Saw him live last month, though the band performance was great, highlight was his solo performance at the end of the show.

I got a little bored with wilco releases lately, but the tweedy album, though not pretty catchy on first listening, is just great.

They lost me after Summerteeth I think it was. When Jeff booted Jay from the band it was like Lennon firing McCartney. All they joy from their music seemed to leak away and it became Tweedy's dark, solipsistic vision. I quit buying the music at that point.

I have really enjoyed the Sukierae album. Pretty heavy songs considering the stuff he and his son were going through (Jeff's wife was battling cancer and they wrote the album during that time). Spencer is a great drummer too.

They lost me after Summerteeth I think it was. When Jeff booted Jay from the band it was like Lennon firing McCartney. All they joy from their music seemed to leak away and it became Tweedy's dark, solipsistic vision. I quit buying the music at that point.

Really? I think "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot" and "A ghost is born" are the best albums Wilco ever did, true classics to me. But what can I say, I'm als not a big fan of McCartneys songwriting .

guess theres no debate on personal taste.

I like this thread!

Archived