Gibson Brands Forums

2015 Les Paul Left Handed

Rayjaysonic

Hi Rayjaysonic, I'm a leftie too. No lefties for 2015, haven't seen any 2014s either, but searching around I've found a nice selection of 2013s, ranging from 50s, 60s tribute Les Paul, Studio Les Paul, Standard Les Paul, Tradional Les Paul and Custom Les Paul. I know of two shops in the uk that have a selection of the above: 'GAK' and 'guitarguitar' also try 'Thomann' Sorry I haven't included links to the three companies mentioned, I'm still trying work that bit out. Hope this is of some help :)

Thanks for the input and recommendations. Will check them out. Looks like purchase without trying is my option as I certainly can't find one local. Was quite interested in trying a 2015, I like the sound of the new neck and zero fret/brass nut......although not convinced about the new automatic tuner. Bet that won't be working in 20 years, but you could always swap it out so not enough of a problem to put me off a 2015......if I could get one. [biggrin]

Sam Ash had a slew of the 2013 LPJs come thru. Closeout inventory from Gibson I'm guessing. With a large supply of 2013 lefties I would figure it would be tough to put more into production. In the guitar world, it sucks being left handed. I picked up one of the Lefty LPJs. My local store still has the Satin Cherry and Rubbed Choc colors. I'd be happy to try and help get one for you.

10802831_1507222596217856_1490596256_n.jpg

10731847_1509234616014701_1819078441_n.jpg

Nice looking instruments. Thanks for the offer but looking for a studio in a burst paint job. GuitarGuitar are looking like the best option at the moment. Yeah, being a Leftie is a pain in the bum, went to PMT a couple of weeks ago and out of about 500 guitars in stock, all they had in Leftie was a mexican strat!

Looking into buying my first Gibson after Christmas, but there seems to be a general lack of Left Handed stock about and no mention of any left handed 2015 models anywhere. Does any one know if Gibson are no longer making guitars for us southpaws?

I have a sneaking suspicion that it is the G-Force system that has caused Gibson to side-step making any left-handers for 2015. Not entirely sure if the G-Force is lefty compatible, or available as a lefty version. Either way us lefties have got the sh!tty end of the stick again :(

I have a sneaking suspicion that it is the G-Force system that has caused Gibson to side-step making any left-handers for 2015. Not entirely sure if the G-Force is lefty compatible, or available as a lefty version. Either way us lefties have got the sh!tty end of the stick again :(

I have seen 2013 Leftie models offered with the E-tune system, so I dunno. I guess the G-Force can be Leftie compatible, just a case of programming it. I think the lack of 2015 guitar is something we just have to face as lefties, but it sucks when it's a big company like Gibson but it's all down to money at the end of the day.

Archived