Gibson Brands Forums

Missed another auction

Cougar

I wasn't really looking for one of these guitars. But I was looking around ebay and noticed a starting price of $150 ($30 shipping) and no bids on a decent looking AJ220SCE with a Roadrunner hardshell case. Sounds like quite a deal to me. A little later there was one bid. I was thinking of throwing in a lowball bid.... Something in the high 160s maybe. The auction was ending in the middle of the afternoon right when I was getting all this crap piled on me at work, and I missed the damn end of the auction (which is when I always bid). The first bidder had bid $150 and no more, and a second bidder came in and got it for, like, 152 bucks! I guess you never know what the 2nd bidder's highest bid would have been. Oh well. Like I said, I wasn't really looking for one. Still, it would have been a cool guitar at such a bargain price.... #-o I was hoping at least someone here picked it up!

I wasn't really looking for one of these guitars. But I was looking around ebay and noticed a starting price of $150 ($30 shipping) and no bids on a decent looking AJ220SCE with a Roadrunner hardshell case. Sounds like quite a deal to me. A little later there was one bid. I was thinking of throwing in a lowball bid.... Something in the high 160s maybe. The auction was ending in the middle of the afternoon right when I was getting all this crap piled on me at work, and I missed the damn end of the auction (which is when I always bid). The first bidder had bid $150 and no more, and a second bidder came in and got it for, like, 152 bucks! I guess you never know what the 2nd bidder's highest bid would have been. Oh well. Like I said, I wasn't really looking for one. Still, it would have been a cool guitar at such a bargain price.... #-o I was hoping at least someone here picked it up!

I hate when that happens I missed an EJ200ce with a starting bid of 100 last year

I'm sure I checked the specs on the AJ220SCE from Epiphone's page on it before considering it. Just now I wanted to check those again, and went to Epiwiki, where I was surprised to see it said solid mahogany back and sides. I recalled that it was mahogany laminate back and sides, which Epiphone's site confirms ("select mahogany").

I'm really not looking for one of these. :rolleyes: (Although that Epi Performer ME I lowballed that I wasn't looking for is a great little guitar plugged in! [smile] )

I'm sure I checked the specs on the AJ220SCE from Epiphone's page on it before considering it. Just now I wanted to check those again, and went to Epiwiki, where I was surprised to see it said solid mahogany back and sides. I recalled that it was mahogany laminate back and sides, which Epiphone's site confirms ("select mahogany").

I'm really not looking for one of these. :rolleyes: (Although that Epi Performer ME I lowballed that I wasn't looking for is a great little guitar plugged in! [smile] )

select is definitely laminate I trust the epi website. At that price I doubt it is solid wood. That would make it a masterbuilt if it was right.

Archived