Gibson Brands Forums

Let's see your L4 CES !

Sleeko

Mine is a mahoghany.

When I first bought it I found that the sound was very thin and I wasn't happy with it so I replaced the pickups with Benedetto S6's.

My view is tha gibson pickups can be very different and its the luck of the draw as to which ones you get. For me the sound was not what I was looking for.

Mine is a mahoghany.

When I first bought it I found that the sound was very thin and I wasn't happy with it so I replaced the pickups with Benedetto S6's.

My view is tha gibson pickups can be very different and its the luck of the draw as to which ones you get. For me the sound was not what I was looking for.

I've been happy with mine. They're very smooth and have a nice chime particularly in the higher notes.

I've been happy with mine. They're very smooth and have a nice chime particularly in the higher notes.

I think my pickups were just really ordinary and to get the sound I wanted I had to turn the tone down to 2 or 3. With the Benedetto's they are warmer and have more character than mine. I have '57 classics in other archtops which I'm happy with. So it's just the luck of the draw.

Archived