Gibson Brands Forums

Help identifiying an Epiphone

kc-1990

It is an Epiphone "Bat Wing Head Stock" Fat Strat.

Man, my guitar knowledge is embarrassingly deficient. I had dinner at a place the other night with a live trio - guitar, bass, sax. The jazz guitarist was playing (really well) this awesome looking Gibson. I don't know Gibsons well and had to ask what it was. He said "You should know what this is. It's an L-5!" Probably valued up around $25,000. I guess that's why I was not too familiar with it! Still, what a noob....

• 3 weeks later...

I too have a new (old) Epi I need help identifying. It's a Epi Les Paul Custom. Metallic silver with what use to be white trim which has now yellowed to a mellow ivory color. On the back it has a round "limited edition custom shop circle with Epiphone thru it on the neck. S/N is EE081102796. No marks as to U.S. Made. As soon as I can figure how to attach photos from my iPad i will post. Any help as to age, value etc. local pawn shop wanted $400, paid $300.. Thanks

I too have a new (old) Epi I need help identifying. It's a Epi Les Paul Custom. Metallic silver with what use to be white trim which has now yellowed to a mellow ivory color. On the back it has a round "limited edition custom shop circle with Epiphone thru it on the neck. S/N is EE081102796. No marks as to U.S. Made. As soon as I can figure how to attach photos from my iPad i will post. Any help as to age, value etc. local pawn shop wanted $400, paid $300.. Thanks

According to "The Guitar Dater Project" It is a 2008 made in China model.

"Your guitar was made at the

Qingdao Plant (Epiphone), China

November 2008

Production Number: 02796"

Can't wait to see a picture!

jv

Archived