Gibson Brands Forums

I went to GC today

rct

They have three LP Melody Makers, slim body with P90s, one "TV Yellow" and two...gray colored. $558 on a good day, 479 this week, in a gig bag. Light yes, not bad weight. Clubby neck, but nice playing. Overall dull and sad. "TV Yellow" is much sexier than "Mustard", which is what it actually is. The gray was just battleship gray dull. Both paints on poorly/incompletely filled wood. I guess if you absolutely have to have a Gibson, and you don't get that a sub 500 dollar Gibson is just that, it's fine. I don't need one, and I don't need P90s that bad.

The other one I plonked at a while was an Epiphone 56 Les Paul, P90s, black. Meh. That's all I got.

Came home with nothing but the tube of super glue Mrs needed.

rct

I don't think they are making them next year so if not its a 'one-year-wonder'. Mustn't have worked out.

I'm really liking my new (to me) old one - the slim body is great, and I think a P90 may well be on the way in.

'bout the same cost as the new one by the sounds of it too.

I don't think they are making them next year so if not its a 'one-year-wonder'. Mustn't have worked out.

I'm really liking my new (to me) old one - the slim body is great, and I think a P90 may well be on the way in.

'bout the same cost as the new one by the sounds of it too.

I'm gonna have to get off my butt and get that demo for you...I think you'll find the Wolfetone very pleasing.

-Ryan

Here's the answer to your P90 Jones on a budget without giving up the feel or look of a real guitar, RCT. Just posted it up last night.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/msg/4816861375.html

I know I'll regret this, but have to do it to make a down payment on something more expensive.

Yes, I'm lookin around for them. Like anything else, not many around here, but I'll find one eventually.

rct

Archived