Gibson Brands Forums

Merry Christmas to MEEEE!!!!

duane v

As some of you know I've been looking for a Gibby 12 string acoustic for some time. And I've been watching this Gibby on Ebay a few days.... I was apprehensive but received confirmation it's not a counterfeit, which I thought it might be due to the truss rod cover placement... But for a smidgen over a $1000, I acquired a one of a kind 12 string.... I'm going to purchase an Fishman Ellipse Matrix Blend PRO-MAN-EL2 PreAmp Pickup and have it installed

C12string_zps450dd032.jpg

_571_zps714ed1a4.jpg

C12string2_zps243b6ebd.jpg

C1string3_zps1b28d36b.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now there's an interesting model.

You've been on a guitar acquisition bender - and all I've seen are really nice.

Vert cool looking Gibby 12. Congrats. . . B)

well I guess that's what happens when you finalize a divorce and give her everything.... All I have left is $1600 a month in child support (one daughter).... And music... And a great job..... It's all pretty easy now

My avatar likes it - so do I.

Is it a virgin, , , I mean it looks as if it still has the guard-membrane there. .

Santa exists - and he beats satan !

I noticed that too.... Cant wait to play it during a gig to give the ol girls its first bit of buckle rash [thumbup]

Great catch…amazing price! Congrats!

thanks!!!

I've always liked the B-45 12 string but I just couldn't bring myself to take a chance on a vintage one... Scared to death of the unknown issues that old 12 stringers seem to acquire over the years, and I need a reliable guitar because it will be played for 7 songs.

So now I have a modern B45 with very cool appointments... just prayin she makes it home okay [crying]

Way to go. Thats the one I have been looking for as well. Healthy envy here on the find and the deal!

Congrats - I want a soundclip! I know what Yammie and Taylor twelve strings sound like; I have never heard a Gibby.

thanks!!!

A couple members on AGF have me a tad queezy hinting this could be a counterfeit [crying] .... but it looks like a real Gibby to me

A couple members on AGF have me a tad queezy hinting this could be a counterfeit [crying] .... but it looks like a real Gibby to me

It should be easy to give Gibson Montana the serial number, and ask what the guitar with that serial number should be.

It should be easy to give Gibson Montana the serial number, and ask what the guitar with that serial number should be.

Just spoke to a Boseman Gibson Representative on the phone (and he looked at this thread) and pretty much stated I "scored big time." He also looked at the specs and the serial number coordinates with the basic specs of this guitar [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup]

Just spoke to a Boseman Gibson Representative on the phone (and he looked at this thread) and pretty much stated I "scored big time." He also looked at the specs and the serial number coordinates with the basic specs of this guitar [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup]

So, there you go.

Santa was very, very good to you. Maybe making up a bit for all the trauma in your life this year.

Merry Christmas!

So, there you go.

Santa was very, very good to you. Maybe making up a bit for all the trauma in your life this year.

Merry Christmas!

It has been a year for sure... One uncle, two very young cousins and my best friend (bass player) I walked all to their graves this year [crying]

But the "big wheel keeps on turnin," and whatever ride ticket is given to ya you just gotta hold tight and when it stops... it stops [thumbup]

[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] You can always send it down to me!

well I guess that's what happens when you finalize a divorce and give her everything.... All I have left is $1600 a month in child support (one daughter).... And music... And a great job..... It's all pretty easy now

Been there, done that... My child support was $1000. I must not have had as good a job as you. But that's OK.

Now that they are out of her house, I'm still paying, except that i pay them directly to cover University and the cost of being a professional triathlete.

But I can still buy guitars... for my second son. The musician. He's coming over to my house in 1 hour to unwrap a L5 CES and Roland JC120 amp. I hope he is surprised and excited. When I started looking for a Jazz guitar for him I fell in love with the story of the L5. That's a pretty expensive story so I hope it is worth it.

Archived