Gibson Brands Forums

Rechargable (Li-Ion) 2032 batteries

grimm26

I have a DR500MCE on the way and was thinking it would make sense to get rechargeable batteries for it. I've noiceed,though, that rechargeable 2032 batteries are 3.6V while regular 2032 batteries are 3.0V. Does anyone use rechargeables in their AE? Willk the voltage difference damage the electronics?

I have a DR500MCE on the way and was thinking it would make sense to get rechargeable batteries for it. I've noiceed,though, that rechargeable 2032 batteries are 3.6V while regular 2032 batteries are 3.0V. Does anyone use rechargeables in their AE? Willk the voltage difference damage the electronics?

Why risk it? The batteries last a long time anyway?

Never seen the need for rechargeables.

I picked up 100 2032's (brand new, in date & blister packed) on Ebay for £9.00 inc P/P a couple of years ago (prices are still about the same if you search). So far I've still got over 90 left and I use them on my EJ200, 2 tuners & a couple of non music related electronic items. At this rate the remaining 90 odd could conceivably last me out.

• 4 weeks later...
I picked up 100 2032's (brand new, in date & blister packed) on Ebay for £9.00 inc P/P a couple of years ago (prices are still about the same if you search). So far I've still got over 90 left and I use them on my EJ200, 2 tuners & a couple of non music related electronic items. At this rate the remaining 90 odd could conceivably last me out.

Haha, you're set for quite a while! I followed your lead (well, not quite so exuberantly) and picked up a set of 10 new ones off ebay, expiration date 2019, that only came to about 30 US cents each. Quite a difference from typical retail prices!

Archived