Gibson Brands Forums

Cleartone Strings

Blues2

So, when I picked up my FT-135, and had to replace the strings, I went to Sam Ash, and the Cleartone 80/20 bronze strings were recommended, because I asked for semi bright strings. I had always used Markley's in the past. After about a month, I'm really liking these strings, very little stretch compared to other brands I've used, and from my research on them, they last much longer than other strings. Just wondering if any of you guys/gals use these, and what you think about them..?

So, when I picked up my FT-135, and had to replace the strings, I went to Sam Ash, and the Cleartone 80/20 bronze strings were recommended, because I asked for semi bright strings. I had always used Markley's in the past. After about a month, I'm really liking these strings, very little stretch compared to other brands I've used, and from my research on them, they last much longer than other strings. Just wondering if any of you guys/gals use these, and what you think about them..?

Haven't used Cleartones on an acoustic, but have on my electrics. For a long time I used either Cleartones or Elixir Nano's, and recently started toying with EB Cobalts. On my Ovations, I've always used D'Addario EXP 16's (12-53 guauge, 80/20 mix). I like them, but will definitely keep the Cleartones in mind too.

I ran with them on one of my acoustics for a few changes. they do have a long life, that is for sure, as long easily as Elixirs I guess. I'm not convinced they live up to the claim of being louder than any other string that said, they sound/felt good to me. I eventually went back to Elixirs, it's not that I wasn't HAPPY with the clear tones, it's just I prefer the Elixrs to anything else.

• 3 weeks later...

I know this is an old post, but I thought I'd add my .02 in case someone is looking for opinions.

I like both the Cleartones and the Elixers. In fact, I have Elixers on my ej200 and Cleartones on my Ej200ce and on a couple of my electric guitars right now. They both last longer, and the Cleartones DO seem to be a little louder and feel great! PLUS, I have to add I sort of dig the vibe that Cleartones are made by Everly music...and if anyone knows about acoustic strings, it should be the Everlys!!!

Archived