Gibson Brands Forums

FAKE or REAL?

louweed

I am not really an expert on these...I couldn't say for sure if it was a 60's, or when it was made, let alone how much they are worth.

I couldn't even say if it is a genuine Gibson- not saying it isn't.

If it's genuine, it IS a great color, or a rare one? Doesn't look too hacked.

But as far as the "owned by (fill in the blank)" stuff, I don't put ANY stock in that unless there is some sort of proof. 9 times out of 10, it doesn't increase the value anyway.

I've seen some folks asking stupid money for axes said to be owned by someone, but this doesn't seem to be the case.

From info I have it looks like a 63-69 Gibson Thunderbird II Bass (single pick up)

Prices range from $3,300 to $14,500 depending on color/year/reverse or non reverse. (this is non reverse)

The two pickup model (Thunderbird IV) goes slight higher $5,500-$24,100

You would really need to know your stuff and verify what your getting before laying down those kind of bucks unless you get it cheap enough

From info I have it looks like a 63-69 Gibson Thunderbird II Bass (single pick up)

Prices range from $3,300 to $14,500 depending on color/year/reverse or non reverse. (this is non reverse)

The two pickup model (Thunderbird IV) goes slight higher $5,500-$24,100

You would really need to know your stuff and verify what your getting before laying down those kind of bucks unless you get it cheap enough

I sold my T bird 4 to Dave at Daves Guitars. a little worn but no cracks or breaks.. I think its in his archive Collection bass pictures.

Archived