Gibson Brands Forums

What's a fair price for these SG's?

PeteGalaxie

I've been looking at SG's and I see two that I like.

2012 Gibson SG Standard mint condition with Creamery pickups.

2013 Gibson SG Standard excellent condition (small chip on headstock) - all original.

So what are the general sale prices of these two guitars? In your opinion, is one more "desirable" than the other?

Thanks,

Pete

2013 Gibson SG Standard excellent condition (small chip on headstock) - all original.

So what are the general sale prices of these two guitars? In your opinion, is one more "desirable" than the other?

Thanks,

Pete

i wouldnt mess with anything with a chipped headstock myself,,might be a reapir of broken headstock ,,i'd be leary

Thanks,

Pete

In the Toronto area used SG Standards go from $800 to $1100 averageish....the 2013 would prob be closer to the high end. Here's a couple examples:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-guitar/city-of-toronto/gibson-sg-standard-in-mint-condition-for-sale-800/1029199906?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-guitar/city-of-toronto/gibson-sg-standard-2013-natural-burst/1038318518?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true Have to read down a bit to see the asking price is $1000.00....

i wouldnt mess with anything with a chipped headstock myself,,might be a reapir of broken headstock ,,i'd be leary

Here are some photos showing the little ding on the headstock as well as the back of the neck. Does everything look good to you guys?

image6_zpsb34458d7.jpg

image2_zps1e6afd2f.jpg

tCXvM5m_zps6cb49007.jpg

Thanks,

Pete

Pete, the guitar, as you show in the picture, looks fine. If it's just some small chips on the headstock, as you say,

and the rest of the guitar is in fine shape, then it's no big deal. I've had my SG Standard (2011) for almost 4 years

now and it has it's little chips in the headstock from accidently bumping things during gigs or practice, but it's one

of my main workhorses and those things are bound to happen, even if you try your best not to. If you're a gigging musician,

then the battle scars are likely to show no matter how well you try to take care of your guitar.

I'd need more photos, (back and front of the body -eg: a close up)

but it looks pretty clean actually from the pics offered.

the nick on the headstock is cosmetic only, most of us get some just like that with in about 4 to 6 weeks of owning them!

look at the bright side, you wont loose any sleep over it or {inevitably} when you get another one just like it. [thumbup]

Looks good! msp_thumbup.gif

I get dings on my headstock from getting too close to the cymbols, or banging and bending the tuner post against something.

msp_crying.gif

That's exactly how I got mine kaicho8888! Darn drum cymbals or mike stands. Think they'd leave the guitar player

a little room. LOL! Nicks of the trade, I guess. A guitar is only going to stay pristine if you leave it in the case

and/or never play it. If you gig with it, it's going to get abused no matter how well you try to avoid it. Battle

scars, I guess; or what others on the forum have referred to as mojo. [rolleyes]

Archived