Gibson Brands Forums

Looking for more info on 3 Pickup Pelham Blue SG

mcapko

Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me with this! I have the opportunity to purchase a Pelham Blue SG with 3 humbuckers. The current owner does not have much information about the guitar - it came into his possession through an estate. I have looked all over the internet to see if I can get more information the year it was made, what specific model, etc. and have come up with absolutely nothing.

Does anyone recognize this? The serial number on the back reads "63227". The 5-digit serial number would typically mean the guitar was built in 1963. I tried researching to see if Pelham Blue was a color produced in 1963 and again came up empty.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am leaning towards buying the guitar either way, but I would love to have some more information before I make my final decision. Thanks again everyone!

post-48189-095817900 1420476180_thumb.jpg

post-48189-051130100 1420476192_thumb.jpg

post-48189-013111300 1420476203_thumb.jpg

Regardless of how the seriel# comes up, this is not a real Gibson. It's a forgery. A fake.

Sorry.

That's exactly why I put it on here! I had my suspicions. I have looked up every possible source of info possible and haven't seen anything similar to this. Thanks for your help.

Archived