Gibson Brands Forums

I need all the help I can get!

AS90

Hey man, here are some ideas... you can start by packing it right for overseas shipment... then you can send it to me... then you worry no more about her.

Seriously, i think the first thing to do is install some tuners and a stop tail and bridge... then string it so that you can find out about any issues the guitar has.

Then you can reroute the pickups... and chose a color... if you want one... i the wood´s ok you could just lieave it like that.

Being that its a '70, '71' or '72, and considering the condition its in, you may want to consider re-setting the neck first making sure that the neck pitch is true. From that point build your dream guitar and have it custom tinted/painted.......Looks like a fun project if you have the skills...(I don't)..........J

Sorry for your loss.

You can't even make it a historic with all that work done on it' date=' lost any collectors value me thinks.[/quote']

Erm, I just bought it on ebay, so you are sorry for my gain. :-s

Hey Guitargod319, with that kind of outlook on life you will never learn anything.

Judging from the volute, neck joint, block inlays, I'd say it a early 70's Standard

That inlayed block in the pickup area is gonna be a headache when it comes to routing the pickup cavities.

You better hope you hit the channel that is drilled into the body for the pickup wires or you won't be able to snake the wires through to the cavity. Worse come to worse you route it like the newer SG's and use a full Batwing pickguard to cover everything up like this.

SG_classic_routing.jpg

Erm' date=' I just bought it on ebay, so you are sorry for my gain. O:)

Hey Guitargod319, with that kind of outlook on life you will never learn anything.[/quote']

I can't help it - AS90, every time I read one of your posts I can actually hear Chris Griffin's voice in my head. :-k

Excellent avatar...makes me laugh every time I see it!!

Archived