Gibson Brands Forums

Lonnie Mack & Stevie Ray TOGETHER AGAIN! (well, sort of...)

DanSchear

Please recall that old TV episode of "Seinfeld" where George Costanza was shouting to Jerry, "I'M BUSTING JERRY! I'M BUSTING!" Remember that? Well, now I'm BUSTING and for good reason. Please view the attached photo. In it you'll see my "#1 Pride 'N Joy," a near-mint 1994 Gibson USA "Lonnie Mack Signature" Flying V, one of 188 made and right next to it, my latest acquisition: A near-mint 2003 Fender USA "Stevie Ray Vaughan Signature" Stratocaster. Initially, one might respond, "So what...SRV Strats come a-dime-a-dozen," and that might be true. However, this SRV Strat is quite different from the rest of the pack. If you'll direct your attention to the pickguard, you'll see several autographs in silver sharpie pen. Those are the signatures of Stevie's brother Jimmie Vaughan, Stevie's "Double Trouble" bandmates bassist Tommy Shannon & drummer Chris Layton and lastly, but most important to me, Lonnie Mack the living legend "Mr Flying V" himself who recorded & performed often with SRV in the early-mid 1980's! I acquired this instrument several minutes after it was listed for sale on a popular guitar sales website two weeks ago. Included were both the Letter & Certificate of Authenticity provided by the official auction house. These original paper credentials & provenance appear impeccable and I PRAY they are as this SRV Strat wasn't cheap! As far as I can determine, there are no other SRV Strats with these celebrity autographs making mine a "one-of-a-kind." I ask any forum members with any knowledge about this SRV Strat or any others like it to comment freely in hopes your info will enlighten and won't "bust my bubble," LOL! Oh BTW, my SRV Strat plays & sounds AMAZING! The pre-processed, pre-amplified sustain & harmonics are better than on any Strat I've ever owned and I've owned many. Wishing you all a wonderful 2015. My new year feels like it's "made" already!post-42316-096935300 1420832717_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived