Gibson Brands Forums

Just picked up a Bird!

Gasman

Just took delivery of a Eppy 2014 Hummingbird Artist! Probely the best bang for the buck I ever spent. Great workmanship - Drop dead looks and Sweet tones. I could not be happier. I added the bird pickguard - just because it looked so good! [thumbup]

Just took delivery of a Eppy 2014 Hummingbird Artist! Probely the best bang for the buck I ever spent. Great workmanship - Drop dead looks and Sweet tones. I could not be happier. I added the bird pickguard - just because it looked so good! [thumbup]

Sweet! Hope you enjoy it.

Congrats on your new Hummingbird,the Gibson Hummingbird has always been a dream guitar of mine,ever since I saw Donovan playing one back in the '60s,but the price has always been beyond what my wallet can handle.The Epi model would certainly be a great alternative.Epiphone made some of the best and most copied acoustic guitars in the world in the '30s,'40s and '50s until Gibson took them over in '57 or '58 from there onwards their acoustic output petered out completely rather quickly.Lucky for us,Epiphone has taken up making acoustic guitars again and they are still industry leading in their price range and are often far better than many guitars costing hundreds more.I have a John Lennon EJ-160-E and it's an incredible guitar in every way,my brother in law bought my sister a new Epi acoustic in the $160-$170 price range and I was blown away when I heard how great that even a "starter" guitar from Epiphone sounded.I wouldn't be at all surprised if we see another new Epi acoustic posting from you in the future,because all Epis have that addictive quality.Enjoy your new baby.

I have a 2009 issue that I bought used about a year ago. Been extremely happy with mine. Was wondering, does yours have a solid top? Mine does, I saw that the version currently being sold by GC/MF has a laminated top. Was just curious.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

a11823e062e8d2082216a1c06840f79e.jpg

Thanks Guys!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes The 2014 LTD does have a Laminated top - in fact all but the neck is laminated. It does not bother me though - You just have to know that with age it pretty much is going to sound the same way it sounded when new. A lot of high end guitars (classical) are laminate and sound great. In fact in 94' I bought a Anny Gibson Gospel (loved that guitar) the sides where laminated - still sounded great.

Your Cherryburst Bird looks Great - treasure that babymsp_thumbup.gif

Thanks Guys!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes The 2014 LTD does have a Laminated top - in fact all but the neck is laminated. It does not bother me though - You just have to know that with age it pretty much is going to sound the same way it sounded when new. A lot of high end guitars (classical) are laminate and sound great. In fact in 94' I bought a Anny Gibson Gospel (loved that guitar) the sides where laminated - still sounded great.

Your Cherryburst Bird looks Great - treasure that babymsp_thumbup.gif

Laminated tops and laminated sides can be great sounding guitars!...Especially if they are from Epiphone....I just picked up the 2014 Limited Edition 1963 Epi J-45 ...Laminated top and sides shown in the links I placed below. It looks like the legendary Gibson J-45 ...it plays wonderful, and it sounds great. The finish is flawless. It you ever want to add an Epi J-45 to your Epi Bird, and own two of the best laminated guitars Epi makes, go for it! They won't be around long. I LOVE my Epi J-45 in vintage sunburst. They are a limited run and will soon disappear from availability and are only sold at certain selected retailers such as zZounds and AMS. Being a limited edition like the Hummingbird Artist you just bought, when they they are gone, they will not be made again.

http://www.zzounds.c...AE5?siid=131882

http://www.epiphone....-1963-J-45.aspx

the color on that top looks fantastic! I've always been a fan of that lighter shade.

Yes The 2014 LTD does have a Laminated top - in fact all but the neck is laminated. It does not bother me though - You just have to know that with age it pretty much is going to sound the same way it sounded when new.

I hear and agree with you guys with regards to laminates. Actually what had originally caught my attention a few months ago, the earlier versions of the Bird Artist sold for $299. When I recently saw them back up for sale, the going price was $199. At first I was wondering why the price drop.

I continue to be amazed at the nice Epiphone guitars that are available for such reasonable prices. There is really no excuse for someone interested in starting to play not to jump feet first into the pool.

Archived