Gibson Brands Forums

Just bought a '60's Skylark GA-5T, have questions

JRS11

It was on ebay but I called the shop that is selling it on consignment and was able to negotiate a price.

Overall it looks great, really great. The handles may need to be restored or replaced, all else looks good. Think it may be all original except the change power plug.

So it is a Skylark GA-5t as above. The serial is A01---27. Not sure if this is enough for you to help on dating, they say '60's. Has tremelo, volume and treble and bass.

I tried to find a way to date it but was unable to find anything. Any help appreciated on that and what it is worth is excellent condition, maybe VG+.

Further research shows it is a 65-66, has SS rectifier. Now I am wondering if this will be a drawback and if I should stop it from shipping....

Thanks

JRS

I do not have it in my possession yet, it is a white panel, '65-66.

Further research shows it is a 65-66, has SS rectifier. Now I am wondering if this will be a drawback and if I should stop it from shipping....

I have both the GA-5 & the GA-5T. I found a gut shot of the GA-5T.......

IM001636.jpg

I'll post the GA-5...........

IM001625_zpsc1b2b66a.jpg

They are great amps, but as always, it depends on your personal taste.

There were a few changes to these amps during the three years they were produced. The Master Service Manual does not have all of the variations.

Mine has a serial # of A01--96.

I think they are still undervalued in comparison to their Fender counterparts.

Archived