Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Les Paul junior tailpiece problem

I started this topic in the Epiphone section but then found this section so I'll post it here as well.....

Hi all! I just aquired an Epi LP Junior. The bushings in the tailpiece/bridge are loose in the body allowing the tailpiece to roll foward with the tension of the strings. Any ideas on how to fix this? I know its a really cheap guitar so I am not going to put any money into it. I was thinking about mixing some sawdust and wood glue and puting them in the holes before i put in the bushings. I dont know much about wood so I'm not sure that would work. Any help would be great!

I started this topic in the Epiphone section but then found this section so I'll post it here as well.....

Hi all! I just aquired an Epi LP Junior. The bushings in the tailpiece/bridge are loose in the body allowing the tailpiece to roll foward with the tension of the strings. Any ideas on how to fix this? I know its a really cheap guitar so I am not going to put any money into it. I was thinking about mixing some sawdust and wood glue and puting them in the holes before i put in the bushings. I dont know much about wood so I'm not sure that would work. Any help would be great!

But, the string tension holds it in position and it's only loose when the strings are off, right? I'd leave it alone if it is solid when the strings are on. Many tailpieces have some play when the strings are off.

Ask retrorod what he would do.

But, the string tension holds it in position and it's only loose when the strings are off, right? I'd leave it alone if it is solid when the strings are on. Many tailpieces have some play when the strings are off.

It is solid with the strings on, but the bridge is angled way forward because it is a wrap around bridge. Setting string height and intonation is going to be a chore with it like this. I'm also worried it will just get worse every time you change the strings.

It is solid with the strings on, but the bridge is angled way forward because it is a wrap around bridge. Setting string height and intonation is going to be a chore with it like this. I'm also worried it will just get worse every time you change the strings.

You're right, it's best to have the bushings in snug. You might not need the sawdust. Why not try using that yellow woodworker's glue. Just flow some in the hole and push the bushing in and wipe off the excess glue with a damp cloth. That stuff dries really hard.

Archived