Gibson Brands Forums

Taking My LesPaul in for Work Next Week

Nathan3157

Well called my guitar shop today and got a quote to get a bone nut put on my plustop pro and get a pro setup done while she's in there. And while I'm at it I'm gonna have him put a pickguard on my Ibanez as73 semihollow. All in all it won't be too much so I made an appointment to take them in Monday morning.

I mis-read your thread title as 'taking my LP in TO work'... Being self-employed, I've resisted the temptation to have a guitar in the office for some time now. Just for the odd quiet moment, y'know. Still think it would be a good idea though.

But yes, a well cut nut and set up can transform your enjoyment of a guitar. Let us know the before and after comparison.

I mis-read your thread title as 'taking my LP in TO work'... Being self-employed, I've resisted the temptation to have a guitar in the office for some time now. Just for the odd quiet moment, y'know. Still think it would be a good idea though.

But yes, a well cut nut and set up can transform your enjoyment of a guitar. Let us know the before and after comparison.

I do actually have an Rg series Ibanez I take to work with me to practice on. I work as an in home support staff for the mentally handicapped and most of my day is spent doing nothing so I try to do something productive!

strange - I read it exactly the same vomer.

I regularly take a guitar in especially if a gig is coming up but then I dont work in a cubicle or where I can disturb others ( or embarrass myself) unduly. I need one of those little Orange amps with headphones jack.

My Gibson Firebird is at the local guitar fix-it shop having Graphtech saddles installed. I'm hoping the high E wont snap at the saddle as much. Also have a mandolin there for a tune up, string change. Got to pick them up, soon. I also have my old Gretsch there too, but don't expect that rebuild/refurb to be completed for a while. Also, I recently obtained 60's Stella parlor guitar, needs a new bridge, so, I'll get that one repaired and refurbed too msp_smile.gif. I aways have something going on. Slowly paying the pawn shop for the EVH Frankenstrat replica, going to flip that one, soon. They also have a 12 string Epiphone there, hanging on the wall, cheap.eusa_shifty.gifeusa_think.gif

1421857386[/url]' post='1618302']

My Gibson Firebird is at the local guitar fix-it shop having Graphtech saddles installed. I'm hoping the high E wont snap at the saddle as much. Also have a mandolin there for a tune up, string change. Got to pick them up, soon. I also have my old Gretsch there too, but don't expect that rebuild/refurb to be completed for a while. Also, I recently obtained 60's Stella parlor guitar, needs a new bridge, so, I'll get that one repaired and refurbed too msp_smile.gif. I aways have something going on. Slowly paying the pawn shop for the EVH Frankenstrat replica, going to flip that one, soon. They also have a 12 string Epiphone there, hanging on the wall, cheap.eusa_shifty.gifeusa_think.gif

From the pics you've posted of all your guitars and now the mention of the guitars you have in the shop, I've come to the ultimate conclusion that you don't have nearly enough guitars in your collection....

I am being facetious Of course.:-)Luke

1421878807[/url]' post='1618477']

I'm pretty excited to get a new nut and a pro set up on my Les Paul. I cant wait to feel the difference. Then I'm also pretty excited about the pickguard being put on my semihollow it will finally look right to me.

After I bought my Pro top plus two years ago it just didn't play right so I put it back in the case where it languished for two years ...Finally, before Christmas I took it in for a set up,new nut, and a string change...Can't believe I let it go that long...

Long story short, it plays like a dream, still looks brand new, and didn't really cost all that much to get it right, I cut a 'two-fer' deal with the tech who also did some work on my 2002 American Strat...

Paid cash, no tax, great deal!

The cherry burst epi les paul pro top plus is now a daily player.Good luck on your set up/ bone nut and please report back with the results.

Peace, Luke

1422302194[/url]' post='1620729']

Well they'll be done tomorrow! I'm glad because every time I go in there I end up spending money. I went in there today and left with a '93 Fender Blues Deluxe.

Funny how that happens huh?

It's like they sprinke stardust in your eyes.

My wife said tonight she'll be glad when I find the "tone" I'm looking for so she can get her hair and nails done again! Lol

There will always be something else! Send her to get her hair and nails done and she will think you are the best husband ever!

1422314541[/url]' post='1620800']

...or lust in your heart! [biggrin]

"If I just have THAT, my collection will be complete!"

Pete

Who are you kidding?You KNOW the collection is never complete. :-)

Short time satisfaction after a new purchase and then the heat is on again.

Luke

Yeah it happened again thankfully it was just a trade! I traded a case I had for my strat for a form fitted abs case. All I went in to do is just pick up my Les Paul, and bam the owner who's a good friend said he had a deal for me.

Yeah it happened again thankfully it was just a trade! I traded a case I had for my strat for a form fitted abs case. All I went in to do is just pick up my Les Paul, and bam the owner who's a good friend said he had a deal for me.

I think your good friend is making a good living off of you! [biggrin]

Archived