Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Limited Edition Dot Studio Harness

sara123

Hello

Aquired a Epiphone Limited Edition Dot Studio(Cherry)all chrome hardware,1V 1T 3 way switch,great guitar,

good sound,BUT!I want to change the wiring harness and can not seem to find a custom made harness(1V,1T,3way)

Googling finds mostly 2V,2T,3Way,since I can't solder worth chit,I need a custom made harness,by the way I

have no problems removing/installing a harness through the f holes.Any recommendations for custom harness makers?

Pups will be GIOVANNI GVH -1 CUSTOM HUMBUCKERS.

Hello and welcome. Sorry I can't help with a recommendation, but I did notice recently that there are ebay sellers making the more usual 2V,2T. Might be worth dropping them a line and seeing if anyone will build you one. Search on epiphone harness and a few come up.

I've spoken to someone off ebay this morning about an upgraded harness in my cherry dot studio! The seller is Owen.d.davis, he's U.K. based, if your not I'm sure you can find someone the same way!

Also worth talking to Clive down at UnsungHeroGuitars in Devon (clive@unsungheroguitars.com - he makes some really nice harnesses for Epiphones at good prices.

Hello

Aquired a Epiphone Limited Edition Dot Studio(Cherry)all chrome hardware,1V 1T 3 way switch,great guitar,

good sound,BUT!I want to change the wiring harness and can not seem to find a custom made harness(1V,1T,3way)

Googling finds mostly 2V,2T,3Way,since I can't solder worth chit,I need a custom made harness,by the way I

have no problems removing/installing a harness through the f holes.Any recommendations for custom harness makers?

Pups will be GIOVANNI GVH -1 CUSTOM HUMBUCKERS.

Give Jonesy at Jonesyblues Custom Shop (jonesyblues.com) at shout. He does amazing harnesses and is highly regarded on MLP.

Give Jonesy at Jonesyblues Custom Shop (jonesyblues.com) at shout. He does amazing harnesses and is highly regarded on MLP.

I asked a Ebay seller who makes custom harnesses,he quoted me $175.00+shipping,Are you chitting me?

175+for 2pots,1 3way and 1 jack oh and 2 caps,my ax is a simple Epi dot not a Gibson ES 335 Double Diamond for Christ sakes.

Have you searched for you tube videos or other instructional web sites to refer to ? Everyone is out to make a buck or 3 . If you have the skills and patience as well as wire clippers, solder and a soldering iron, you might try laying out the harness and components and making one or 2 yourself. Probably the most cost effective alternative to a "custom made" thing. The several guitar guys/shops around here charge $60-$70 an hour to "work" on guitarsdry.gif

Have you searched for you tube videos or other instructional web sites to refer to ? Everyone is out to make a buck or 3 . If you have the skills and patience as well as wire clippers, solder and a soldering iron, you might try laying out the harness and components and making one or 2 yourself. Probably the most cost effective alternative to a "custom made" thing. The several guitar guys/shops around here charge $60-$70 an hour to "work" on guitars

For a buck75+ I'm sure going to learn how to solder real quick,I'll be making my own harness from now on.

I've got junk harnesses to practice on,although I like to uninstall/install string up and go.Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, go with Jonsey. Very reasonable and he'll build you a harness any way you need it built.

I asked a Ebay seller who makes custom harnesses,he quoted me $175.00+shipping,Are you chitting me?

175+for 2pots,1 3way and 1 jack oh and 2 caps,my ax is a simple Epi dot not a Gibson ES 335 Double Diamond for Christ sakes.

Tough crowd.

rct

Archived