Gibson Brands Forums

Someone likes Gibson 2015

RobertAndersson

http://www2.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle/Features/en-us/Doug-Aldrich-Revolution-Saints-Interview.aspx

"I like the look of the G Force tuning system and the groundbreaking 2015 metal nuts – I want all that stuff!"

//Robert

Let's wait for blues/jazz/country players.

Also, if I had a dozen of standard Les Pauls, I'd really want a 2015 one.

Have you seen the video of Brian May talking about new features on an SG? I can't remember if it was the 2014 or 2015 models, but he was a fan of the tuning technology. I still haven't tried either yet so can't comment on them personally.

http://www2.gibson.c...-Interview.aspx

"I like the look of the G Force tuning system and the groundbreaking 2015 metal nuts – I want all that stuff!"

//Robert

I have a 2015 Gibson Les Paul Classic. I've had it for about 2 months. The nut is a good idea and It works great but it's leaving little bits of metal flakes on my fret board and I've already have groove cut into the flat peice just before the fret board begins. The strings caused it. But Gibson is sending me a new nut assembly with a differant coating process so I guess it's a problem the now about and already have a fix. I'll let everybody know how it stands up to the ware and tear when I get it put on. Don't get me wrong,I am a pro 2015 guy and the guitar plays great, sounds great and the wider neck is good for me. It also has avery good finnish on it. It's made very well. Just a weak nut but Gibson asured me the new one thay send will fix the issue. and they took care of me pretty quick.

http://www2.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle/Features/en-us/Doug-Aldrich-Revolution-Saints-Interview.aspx

//Robert

That's it?

This above quote is the ONLY thing he says about it in the article. It's complete here in this post.

Which isn't bad to post. It's good. I like complete.

1421870015[/url]' post='1618407']

That's it?

This above quote is the ONLY thing he says about it in the article. It's complete here in this post.

Which isn't bad to post. It's good. I like complete.

There has been quite a lot of bad feelings about the 2015 features posted here. Just sharing this to show that opinions are mixed and personal as always.

//Robert

There has been quite a lot of bad feelings about the 2015 features posted here. Just sharing this to show that opinions are mixed and personal as always.

//Robert

Personally, I like the idea of the nut.

I also like the idea of a wide neck.

I been following other's experience on them here. While I could not get the nut to work for me on the guitars I tried (strings binded), I think they are working on it.

Personally, for a wider neck, I would want wider string spacing, which the nut does not have, so IF I was to ever get one of the particular guitars I have seen, the nut would go away anyway.

But what I am watching, paying attention to, is IF they will modify/alter this nut to make it work, if it will be available for sale, and if I could possibly fit one or some of my guitars with it.

I don't NEED a wider neck, but if say, a guitar I was looking to possibly buy (335) had one of these that the 2015 LP's are coming with, I might bite.

//Robert

I here ya about all the negatives but I'm into my 2015. I think the 2015 classic I have rocks. Just the issue with the nut that Gibson has already came up with a fix for and sending it to me. the brass was to soft and they have updated the plating on it so it should fix the problem. They are starting to put them on the 2015 models at the factory now. If you have one without the new plating they will send you a new one and pay to have it replaced if your not comfortable doing it yourself. The G-Force works perfect on my 2015. No problems with intonation, staying in tune or playability. It makes changeing tunnings more convient and a lot less of a headache. Very Quick and if you tune 1 string at a time it's very accurate. The coil splitting and 15db boast on my 2015 Gibson Les Paul Classic give me tons of differant tones. It's awsome...

Notice none of his guitars have it though? He is not that big right now and with his own band out of the shadow of Whitesnake is taking a real chance. He is an endorsed Gibson struggling artist. If Zakk, Slash or Jimmy Page came forward, some one that didnt need to do anything to keep their endorsment, I would be more impressed and inspired. That being said I will point out again I think the neck is a good idea. I like the new frets and no nubs. I felt it and it felt great untill you touched the strings. They blew it because they left the strings in the same old spacing as before just laid them in the middle of a wider neck. I have always liked the ESP and Jackson feel because they were built to shred. I am half tempted to snatch up a 2015 Classic on Clearance at the end of the year recut a tusq nut for it in the proper proportioned to neck spacing get a new Nashville and recut the saddles to wider spacing, get a JB trembucker install grovers and 4 pots and demonstrate what it really could be.

At namm they anounced that Zakk was comming out with his own audio line of guitars and amps. No more gibsons or marshalls.

That's gonna probably be a mistake on his part. I don't know have to see.

Yes, Donny. What I have seen so far is disappointing - even beyond the coffin guitar He has.

I was thinking about Doug too. He is endorsed by Gibson, what else could He say, but still He uses the good old Lesters...

Cheers... Bence

Archived