Gibson Brands Forums

Adding a Maestro?

Larsongs

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 2013 Gibson Firebird V. Is it possible to add a Maestro without having to make major modifications?

Thanks

A stock Maestro requires three screw holes. You can see the holes on guitars from the 60's that took them off to put on a stopbar tailpiece. They do make a Bigsby that requires no mod.

A stock Maestro requires three screw holes. You can see the holes on guitars from the 60's that took them off to put on a stopbar tailpiece. They do make a Bigsby that requires no mod.

I think I've seen a Bigsby B5 & Vibramate for Firebird which is probably the smart way to go. But those Maestros really look good on Firebirds!

Thanks

The stock Lyra/Maestro vibratos on my Frank Zappa "Roxy" SGs are not very useful. Although the roller bridges help a bit, they are far from tuning stability. The Floyd Rose guitars of mine are completely different things, they are perfect in this respect.

If I were you, I would leave this beautiful Firebird stock, for usefulness as well as for value.

The stock Lyra/Maestro vibratos on my Frank Zappa "Roxy" SGs are not very useful. Although the roller bridges help a bit, they are far from tuning stability. The Floyd Rose guitars of mine are completely different things, they are perfect in this respect.

If I were you, I would leave this beautiful Firebird stock, for usefulness as well as for value.

I think you're right. If i do anything I'll go with a Vibramate & a Bigsby. They claim it can be returned to original with no damage or marks. Anybody know for sure?

Thanks

Archived