Gibson Brands Forums

What happened to the pickguards?

houndman55

Not real sure if I hold with this clip on/clip off idea. How easy would it be to accidently knock one off while playing? I think the old screw on/off is much better. You don't want it, easy, just two little screws. Anyone can do that.

Not real sure if I hold with this clip on/clip off idea. How easy would it be to accidently knock one off while playing? I think the old screw on/off is much better. You don't want it, easy, just two little screws. Anyone can do that.

True, but with the snap-in version, you don't have holes in the top & side of your guitar. If you've got a really nice "flame" on the top, the hole marring the finish & the wood has always bugged me. Didn't have much choice other than to accept it, but the snap-in PG may change all that.

FWIW: it's also the ONLY "innovation" Gibson brought forth for 2015 that doesn't irk the living Hell out of me. But that's just me.

Personally I really don't like the way Les Pauls look with a guard so I think it actually isn't such a bad idea. You can take it on and off without any tools and I am guessing by the look of it it probably holds on pretty well in there and best of all - no unnecessary holes in your $1000-4000 guitar [thumbup]

Before they would usually pre drill your guitar for a pickguard or otherwise it would come as an accessory in the case candy and you had to drill your guitar yourself [scared]

Archived