Gibson Brands Forums

Made a Good Trade Today

Nathan3157

Well last week I had bought an Ibanez Rg series, and had intended to use if for playing metal in our band. Well yesterday the band decided to go in a more rock/blues direction. So I loaded up the Rg and headed to the music store. I traded the Rg for this Squire 50's reissue! IMAG0605.jpg

Here is what we are now referring to as my blues trio!

IMAG0609.jpg

Let me know whatcha think!

I'd say, you have it covered! Have a Great time, in your band!

CB

@charliebrown Thanks that was my goal was to cover the whole blues tone range with my guitars. I had only bought the Rg for the sake of the other members wanting to play metal. Myself I love the blues!

Owning a Squire Strat 50's classic vibe I think you made a good choice and like most epi's a lot of bang for the buck. When I purchased the Squire I had to choose between it and a MIM strat, there was only maybe $150 difference in price but it wasn't the savings that pushed me over the edge it was the way it played.

Owning a Squire Strat 50's classic vibe I think you made a good choice and like most epi's a lot of bang for the buck. When I purchased the Squire I had to choose between it and a MIM strat, there was only maybe $150 difference in price but it wasn't the savings that pushed me over the edge it was the way it played.

I agree, I had 2 mim strat's, and a 40th anniversary American strat. I also play blues, and for the life of me, I could never get the mim strats to sound the way I wanted. The 2005 mim, I replaced all the pups with lace senors, and also the pots were replaced. I wound up selling both mim's for a loss, never again.

If you have the chance to score a MIJ strat, go for it, great guitars. Oh, and congratz on the Squire.

Archived