Gibson Brands Forums

Love minus zero cover -J-45

flatbaroque

Yes you get inside the song - it's the way to do it. I'm sure Dylan would approve too.

Strings on the Standard right now ? , , sounds splendid, the low-end is gettin' good'n'loose. . ^

Cheers EM7!..I'll have to go back deep into the memory bank.I think the strings may be DR Sunbeams..there was a flurry recommending them on the forum about 18? months ago.So I put a set on...still on [blush].

The first recording I did of this the guitar was actually too dominant over the vocal..with the down tuned E string drone too prominent (drop c tuning as you probably know). So I ended up playing softer than usual.Still plenty of bass there.

Ha... I love your videos FB. I do have a question though... How did you relic your shirt so perfectly so that it gives the appearance of a Saturday chores shirt with globs of paint on it? Did you buy the shirt that way? I'd pay extra for one like that, and maybe even one that is torrefied.

Hi FB,

thanks for posting. You made me learn this song. I'm not that much into Dylan. I know him, respect him, admire him, but I don't like him, if that makes any sense.

Whatever, here is my first version without any major mistakes. I'm still working on the right groove. And well, I generally stopped working on my vocals.

I started out on my j-45, but since sound clips of my Bird a long overdue, I went with it.

Hi FB,

thanks for posting. You made me learn this song. I'm not that much into Dylan. I know him, respect him, admire him, but I don't like him, if that makes any sense.

Whatever, here is my first version without any major mistakes. I'm still working on the right groove. And well, I generally stopped working on my vocals.

I started out on my j-45, but since sound clips of my Bird a long overdue, I went with it.

I liked that version DiminutiveJohnny..your voice has it's own distinct DNA...it's good.My version was capo on 4, E string tuned down to C.How did you play it?

Archived