Gibson Brands Forums

Callaham abr-1 for my satin ES-335

dallasblues

Hey guys. I'm considering changing from the Nashville bridge on my ES-335 to a more traditional abr-1 bridge. I'm kinda leaning towards the Callaham abr-1 (with Nashville conversion studs) after reading some good reviews online. Has anyone here tried them on their guitars? I'd be curious to hear your experiences with them if so. How's the quality of build? Would they really be an upgrade from the stock Nashville bridge? I also have some questions about how to notch the saddles on a new bridge. I'm not sure if that's sometg I'd tackle myself or trust with a tech. Callaham offers their saddles to be notched with a $20 up charge. No biggie price wise, I just don't know if that's a good idea or not. Let me hear what you guys think.

Notching your saddles is a little bit tedious. If the old saddles were notched in the center - like all the Nashvilles I've seen - then you might just want to get them pre-notched for $20.00. The reason that stock ABR-1 saddles are not notched is because normally they have to be notched a little off center to align the strings properly. But, like I said, if your old saddles were notched down the middle, then there's no need to custom notch them. The pre-notched saddles should be fine.

Hey guys. I'm considering changing from the Nashville bridge on my ES-335 to a more traditional abr-1 bridge. I'm kinda leaning towards the Callaham abr-1 (with Nashville conversion studs) after reading some good reviews online. Has anyone here tried them on their guitars? I'd be curious to hear your experiences with them if so. How's the quality of build? Would they really be an upgrade from the stock Nashville bridge? I also have some questions about how to notch the saddles on a new bridge. I'm not sure if that's sometg I'd tackle myself or trust with a tech. Callaham offers their saddles to be notched with a $20 up charge. No biggie price wise, I just don't know if that's a good idea or not. Let me hear what you guys think.

Very good, yes they are for sure an upgrade, they make excellent parts, some claim the best out here. let them notch the saddles, and be done with it.

Good Luck with the bridge.

Archived