Gibson Brands Forums

new models

JuanCarlosVejar

Slimt ,

Just that torrified top J 45 prototype .

I will check it out and let you know my impressions.

We could be looking at a new Legend series for 2016 if they suceed in doing this.

I also saw a picture of a les paul acoustic prototype ( a j 165 with a les paul neck) .

I hope to see it up close

JC

new models

Your thread title got me pumped. Then a bit of disappointment finding out there's nothing new.

Although I'll guess there'll be something like a Red Spruce Authentic Vintage Custom Appointed Banner Limited Edition J-45. . . B)

Your thread title got me pumped. Then a bit of disappointment finding out there's nothing new.

Although I'll guess there'll be something like a Red Spruce Authentic Vintage Custom Appointed Banner Limited Edition J-45. . . B)

I think you forgot ( Aged , Relic, and one of so many out of 5000 J45s Built since when?) in there.. Dont get me wrong.. I like Gibsons.. Just not this way..

Ok I got some pictures of the new stuff and conversed with Don about the torrified prototypes , ill post photos slowly.

Hummingbird Treated Top Proto :

20150124_174805_zps9e74855e.jpg

Hummingbird Custom Walnut .Limited 30 pieces :

20150124_174022_zps9e9881ba.jpg

Les paul acoustic headstock :

20150124_174844_zps094ad873.jpg

Les Paul body :20150124_174840_zpsee16724a.jpg

There was also a treated top J 45 .The treated tops sounded very nice ... I loved the hbird.

Don said they will be in the TV range price wise... he also said that they will only treat tops and bracing.

Treating backs and sides is not as effective was also a conclusion. The Les Paul comes with Gforce electronics.

The Walnut bird sounded really sweet .Don mentioned the new products will be on the site April 1st.

He gifted me a black gibson acoustic pick .And also commented Robi Johns was at the show for some time yesterday

JC

Ok I got some pictures of the new stuff and conversed with Don about the torrified prototypes , ill post photos slowly.

Hummingbird Treated Top Proto :

20150124_174805_zps9e74855e.jpg

Hummingbird Custom Walnut .Limited 30 pieces :

20150124_174022_zps9e9881ba.jpg

Les paul acoustic headstock :

20150124_174844_zps094ad873.jpg

Les Paul body :20150124_174840_zpsee16724a.jpg

There was also a treated top J 45 .The treated tops sounded very nice ... I loved the hbird.

Don said they will be in the TV range price wise... he also said that they will only treat tops and bracing.

Treating backs and sides is not as effective was also a conclusion. The Les Paul comes with Gforce electronics.

The Walnut bird sounded really sweet .Don mentioned the new products will be on the site April 1st.

He gifted me a black gibson acoustic pick .And also commented Robi Johns was at the show for some time yesterday

JC

Thanks a lot for the info JC. You look pretty happy!

Regards!

J.C.

Did you get a chance to talk to Ren? I was wondering how your custom was coming along. Will it have the Gibson logo on it or will it be a Ferguson? I think I would like the Ferguson logo on it.

I tried to speak to him at Guild but he was speaking to some other two guys.

I'll have to find out through Jeremy ... as soon as I know something I'll post an update.

JC

I saw a video on youtube where Don Ruffatto says they are not introducing anything new.But they are working on a new technology (torrifaction) for next year...

Guess that's their way of saying, "If you were going to buy a Gibson in 2015, maybe you should wait until 2016."

I saw a video on youtube where Don Ruffatto says they are not introducing anything new.But they are working on a new technology (torrifaction) for next year and it appears they have a prototype J 45.I will be going to the show today.

JC

Not introducing anything new??? They must have run out of new names for the J-45 !?

Archived