Gibson Brands Forums

NAMM 2015 / disappointed

fauvent

Hey guys, hope you're all great!

I've been waiting for a specific type of J45 for a long time ago... And gibson is just not making it... It would be something like the "Modern Classic" or "the Historic Collection" model. That model that was run between 2000-2006. I was hopping this year they would come up with something and I just saw a youtube video with a "Gibson guy" in it saying "You know, we are not changing anything..."

However, he did say that they'll be from 6 to 8 limited models every month to keep the market fresh. So my question is, "Does anyone knows how to stay informed about this models getting released?" I guess the webpage... but, they are still unable to even upload the 2015 catalog... which basically is the same than 2014 in the "Gibson guy's" own words...

Regards!

The best way to check is through here I would guess. . or a local dealer.

Thank you slimt!

Local dealer is imposible for me, because I do not live in the USA. So you mean the forum? Isn't out there some kind of a News letter from gibson? Store?

Regards!

Thank you slimt!

Local dealer is imposible for me, because I do not live in the USA. So you mean the forum? Isn't out there some kind of a News letter from gibson? Store?

Regards!

I know what you mean. Im in Canada.. what we see is the over priced run of the mill stuff here through Yorkville sound wholesalers. . Nothing special. most the time anything of interest , the dealers cannot obtain or get info on they have to go through yorkville in order to get any special type of info half the time they have no clue. .. the 90s were really bad for that.. Find a good dealer to comunicate with on the U.S side like daves Guitars.. or simular.. they will keep you in the loop.

I know what you mean. Im in Canada.. what we see is the over priced run of the mill stuff here through Yorkville sound wholesalers. . Nothing special. most the time anything of interest , the dealers cannot obtain or get info on they have to go through yorkville in order to get any special type of info half the time they have no clue. .. the 90s were really bad for that.. Find a good dealer to comunicate with on the U.S side like daves Guitars.. or simular.. they will keep you in the loop.

Thanks for the info... Actually I just bought a ES330 VOS from the guys at Wildwood Guitars. I asked them about a news letter they told me "We're working on it" I guess I will try again with them or... with the option you're proposing the "Daves Guitars"... Never heard of them buy the way!

Regards!

Thanks for the info... Actually I just bought a ES330 VOS from the guys at Wildwood Guitars. I asked them about a news letter they told me "We're working on it" I guess I will try again with them or... with the option you're proposing the "Daves Guitars"... Never heard of them buy the way!

Regards!

Dave is a good guy.. his partner not so much.. wildwood sounds fine.. you have a connection..

?" I guess the webpage... but, they are still unable to even upload the 2015 catalog.

What is going on with the 2015 models? If you go here, and click on 2015 under Model Year, it says "The Gibson Acoustic 2015 Model Year, Continuing a Legacy -- Coming Soon --" and then "There are no 2015 Gibson Acoustic guitars available" .

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Acoustic-Instruments/Gibson-Acoustic.aspx?ModelYear=2015

So what's the deal? Are they going to announce something?

What is going on with the 2015 models? If you go here, and click on 2015 under Model Year, it says "The Gibson Acoustic 2015 Model Year, Continuing a Legacy -- Coming Soon --" and then "There are no 2015 Gibson Acoustic guitars available" .

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Acoustic-Instruments/Gibson-Acoustic.aspx?ModelYear=2015

So what's the deal? Are they going to announce something?

Hi Boyd,

I've been refreshing that same page since the NAMM 2015 started and nothing... apparently, there is a new model, the SJ200 Dylan model... Besides that, nothing else... Now, notice that they wrote in the picture "CONTINUING"... so, you know: "Nothing new, just continuing". I am happy with the actual models... I just thought that they will have another option for the "reissue" models... Im sick of the J-45 True Vintage already... I see it everywhere...

Regards!

I've been waiting for a specific type of J45 for a long time ago... And gibson is just not making it... It would be something like the "Modern Classic" or "the Historic Collection" model. That model that was run between 2000-2006.

You might want to consider looked for a clean used example of what you're after. The first year of Gibson's significantly revamped lineup was 1999. I've owned a J50, J150, two WM45s, and currently own a J100-xtra & J45-Rosewood from early within this era of production.

There are some very fine instruments from this period, including the basic mahogany J45 you are describing.

Just read on AGF that the J45TV is getting replaced by a J45V, but no more details than that and who knows if it's accurate. It was in a thread about Epiphone's new Masterbuilt AJ45ME (which looks pretty enticing actually!).

You might want to consider looked for a clean used example of what you're after. The first year of Gibson's significantly revamped lineup was 1999. I've owned a J50, J150, two WM45s, and currently own a J100-xtra & J45-Rosewood from early within this era of production.

There are some very fine instruments from this period, including the basic mahogany J45 you are describing.

bobouz,

Thank you for your comment! Actually I willing to purchase a used one I've let some opportunities because lack of money. Now I have it to invest on some good guitar. The thing is that since I don't live in the US some time I see good opportunities but lots of sellers are afraid to ship overseas (I live in europe), which is totally understandable.

Can you guide me where to look? At least in the internet?

Regards and thanks again!

Just read on AGF that the J45TV is getting replaced by a J45V, but no more details than that and who knows if it's accurate. It was in a thread about Epiphone's new Masterbuilt AJ45ME (which looks pretty enticing actually!).

That sounds exiting, but you know actually I just saw in the line up of NAMM my nemesis the "J45 TV"... first row... but who knows... lets give them some time!

Regards!

I was under the impression that the J-45 changes very little….but there are many name changes for the J-45.

Yeah, that's right... actually I love the J45 standard... so simple and beautiful the only thing is that I love the "gold printed" logo, like the one on the J15 or the LG-2... it gives very nice vintage filling to the guitar... and now days you can find it only in mother of pearl...

Regards!

bobouz, Thank you for your comment! Actually I willing to purchase a used one I've let some opportunities because lack of money. Now I have it to invest on some good guitar. The thing is that since I don't live in the US some time I see good opportunities but lots of sellers are afraid to ship overseas (I live in europe), which is totally understandable. Can you guide me where to look? At least in the internet?

Fauvent - Sorry, I'm not really up on who ships to Europe, but since you've dealt with Wildwood, ask them to be on the lookout & notify you if they take one in. They are indeed a well regarded dealer. I've also heard good things about Dave's Guitar Shop, as previously mentioned.

Fauvent - Sorry, I'm not really up on who ships to Europe, but since you've dealt with Wildwood, ask them to be on the lookout & notify you if they take one in. They are indeed a well regarded dealer. I've also heard good things about Dave's Guitar Shop, as previously mentioned.

Thank you bobouz,

I'll check with WWG!

Regards!

bobouz,

Thank you for your comment! Actually I willing to purchase a used one I've let some opportunities because lack of money. Now I have it to invest on some good guitar. The thing is that since I don't live in the US some time I see good opportunities but lots of sellers are afraid to ship overseas (I live in europe), which is totally understandable.

Can you guide me where to look? At least in the internet?

Regards and thanks again!

If you are in Europe try Thormann. I think they are in Germany, a large business like dealer, they have most things and excellent prices.

besides Thomann you should also check the inventory of these two five star dealers in Germany from time to time, cause they both get limited run models, They both ship within europe:

http://www.musikhaus-hermann.de/xtv/de/GITARREN-BAeSSE/AKUSTIK-GITARREN/Gibson-Akustik

http://www.session.de/Gitarren/Westerngitarren/Dreadnought-Westerngitarren/

Theres a historic J-45 on german eBay, seller says he only ships to germany, but maybe you can talk to him:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Gibson-J-45-Historic-Collection-Bj-2005-Limited/271756478143?_trksid=p2047675.c100010.m2109&_trkparms=aid%3D555012%26algo%3DPW.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140521152655%26meid%3Dda71f1f688354492865888a51912682b%26pid%3D100010%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D24%26sd%3D251812648025

Archived