Gibson Brands Forums

Good News For Me

Blues2

So, played some golf with my Son today, and we got talking about guitars, and the like. He asked if I got my Masterbuilt yet, sadly, I said no, can't afford right now. I'm on a small pension, and SS, the wife is about to retire in April, and the fact we lost almost 100K due to one our great financial adviser's great move... [cursing] we will now have less to spend. Anyways, he said why don't you take mine, he has the ceder top, with the sunburst, he said he never plays it anymore, and that it needed new strings.

I said, are your sure.? and that he could have it back anytime he wants, he said nope, you keep it...I'm totally Stoked!!!!! Should have it next week...Yahoooooo!!! Uh, sorry, I get a tad excited about stuff like that. BTW, it's in near new cond. [biggrin]

So, played some golf with my Son today, and we got talking about guitars, and the like. He asked if I got my Masterbuilt yet, sadly, I said no, can't afford right now. I'm on a small pension, and SS, the wife is about to retire in April, and the fact we lost almost 100K due to one our great financial adviser's great move... [cursing] we will now have less to spend. Anyways, he said why don't you take mine, he has the ceder top, with the sunburst, he said he never plays it anymore, and that it needed new strings.

I said, are your sure.? and that he could have it back anytime he wants, he said nope, you keep it...I'm totally Stoked!!!!! Should have it next week...Yahoooooo!!! Uh, sorry, I get a tad excited about stuff like that. BTW, it's in near new cond. [biggrin]

Sometimes you realize you raised them right and think "wow that's my kid" with your chest out. Good Job Daddio

Thanks guys. Been awhile since I've seen the guitar, I'm pretty sure it's a cedar top, and it could be a natural finish, but I seem to remember it being a burst, I'll post some pic's when I get it. Yeah, he turned out o.k. He's very focused on his family, and works his rear end off to make life easier for them.

As for getting trounced at golf, well, he did beat me by 2 shots, only cuz he hits the ball much further than I do nowadays...lol

You have a great son! Greater if he would've thrown the game.lol.

I laughed at this. It's not like he beats me all the time, plus, he paid for the round and my Gatoraid... [laugh]

Thanks...

And to you also Dennis. I kinda fell like puffing my chest out, but being humble is one of my traits...I guess.

Well, you obviously did everything well in educating your son. Not every guy would confess to his guitar playing father that he doesn't play his fine guitar anymore. [thumbup]

I think if I were you I could stand losing a golf match in this case. Remember you may beat your son with playing guitar, and I guess he won't be bothered when you do so. [biggrin]

Remember to post pics, please... [love]

Well, you obviously did everything well in educating your son. Not every guy would confess to his guitar playing father that he doesn't play his fine guitar anymore. [thumbup]

I think if I were you I could stand losing a golf match in this case. Remember you may beat your son with playing guitar, and I guess he won't be bothered when you do so. [biggrin]

Remember to post pics, please... [love]

Thank you. He's pretty honest with me, he's actually not a bad guitar player, it's just that he likely doesn't have much time anymore. It's tough just getting him to play a round of golf twice a month..lol And yes, will definitely post pic's.

• 3 weeks later...

What a great son! [thumbup]

• 8 months later...

Archived