Gibson Brands Forums

Backing Tracks

PeteWilson

I have been just going to You Tube to find backing tracks to play along with. Whilst doing this, I found a website to download such backing tracks. These are like 20 minutes long, and very pleasant to listen to, even when not playing along. I can feel my playing getting better already!

yourbackingtracks.com I think is the site, if you are so inclined. I play alone, and this is a godsend to me, along with a looper!

Play well!

Pete

I have been just going to You Tube to find backing tracks to play along with. Whilst doing this, I found a website to download such backing tracks. These are like 20 minutes long, and very pleasant to listen to, even when not playing along. I can feel my playing getting better already!

yourbackingtracks.com I think is the site, if you are so inclined. I play alone, and this is a godsend to me, along with a looper!

Play well!

Pete

Thanks so much for taking the time for us Pete..[thumbup]

If you've got a DAW such as Reaper or one of the others (Reaper can be downloaded for free BTW so worth checking out) you can load up a .MOGG file which is basically a multi track audio file. These are available on the web (see link below for a really good site) and contain the full multi track mixes for 100's of major songs. You can then play along or take the place of your favourite guitarist, vocalist, etc.

As an example I've got Ramblin Man by the Allman Bros loaded up right now and I can mute Dickey Betts guitar and take his place in the mix or I can jam along with them.

These are often the actual multitrack mixes that the songs were mastered from.

Multitrack Downloads Blogspot (several Gb of tracks for download)

If you've got a DAW such as Reaper or one of the others (Reaper can be downloaded for free BTW so worth checking out) you can load up a .MOGG file which is basically a multi track audio file. These are available on the web (see link below for a really good site) and contain the full multi track mixes for 100's of major songs. You can then play along or take the place of your favourite guitarist, vocalist, etc.

As an example I've got Ramblin Man by the Allman Bros loaded up right now and I can mute Dickey Betts guitar and take his place in the mix or I can jam along with them.

These are often the actual multitrack mixes that the songs were mastered from.

Multitrack Downloads Blogspot (several Gb of tracks for download)

That is too cool! Thanks for the info!

Play well, Sir!

Pete

Archived