Gibson Brands Forums

Into The Mystic

MorrisrownSal

Hey guys; hope your weekend is swell. My back is better today, but I am still cooped up.

Well, you know this song. The chords are easy. This is 4 tracks. My Martin D15 for the main guitar. My SJTV for some accents alongside it. A bass track. And my vocal track. Hope you like it.

https://soundcloud.com/sal-from-chatham/into-the-mystic

Grunt, it's a Gretsch cheap bass that I think I bought for under $200 about 4 years ago. It does the job though!

FB, you are right. In the vocal track I was snapping my fingers at times.

Thanks for the complements gents. Oh, and I threw my back out yesterday morning shoveling snow. I got into the chiro, and I'm feeling better, although we are due to get between 2-3 feet of snow starting tomorrow. My damn boy are away at college, so I will have to send the old lady and the little miss out to shovel :)

And the stock market sucked when I got into it twenty seven years ago, and that has not changed...

Grunt...winding Wheel is raw and brilliant.

Lovely stuff ! Great recording - fabulous performance, loved the SJ work. [thumbup] Watch yourself out there with this big storm, you are about to get all the snow we need out here in the Rockies. Christmas 2008, I bought my wife a snowblower. She loves controlling the power, I haven't shoveled snow for 6 years now... [unsure]

I like your cover Sal. This one of my personal favorite songs. Van's original, with the saxophones and all the reset of his arrangement on Moondance is just beautiful stuff, but that being said thou, the song doesn't really need much more than what you've done here.

Good Job! [thumbup]

Archived