Gibson Brands Forums

Really interesting Custom Shop Namm vid

Rabs

In fact, sadly it's an L5-S knockoff. My hope was they had created an L6-S remake true to the original, but I guess this will be an illusion forever. [crying]

Hello Capmaster!

My hope is that they will make a proper L5-S Reissue one day...

Cheers... Bence

Hello Capmaster!

My hope is that they will make a proper L5-S Reissue one day...

Cheers... Bence

Hello Bence,

real L5-Ses are crazy pieces of art, perhaps the most elaborate Gibson solidbodies ever. I ever saw only one in person. She was played by a solo entertainer, had a Cherry Sunburst finish and looked beyond reason with all of her ornamental appointments.

Despite of that, I would prefer an L6-S remake including long-travel Tune-O-Matic no longer made by Schaller, but still available from Japan, and true remakes of the Bill Lawrence pickups. I could live with additional parallel/series options, too... [rolleyes] And of course I would use two humbucking coils for building up the midrange control. [biggrin]

By the way, although I repeat myself, they also should make the 1970's S-G Standard again, with lower neck joint, wider pickup spacing, Super Humbucking "Tarback" pickups, and I would like them four-conductor wired and some switching options, too.

But I doubt I will live to see Gibson making them again... [unsure]

Archived