Gibson Brands Forums

Overdue NGD pictures ....

Flyer91

For the past month or so, I've been saying I will post pictures of the guitars that I've acquired since apx. last Thanksgiving.

A couple of them are dups of a group pic that I posted a few months ago, and of course .... the Les Paul BB3 is the one I just did the Bigsby mod post on.

I hope it's not too much of a faux pas to have them show up again, I'm old and lazy, and to be honest ..... it's just too much of a pain to sort them out at photobucket, sooo, soft focus and all ......

Here's some shots of my recent Epi acquisitions ....

Just a group shot .....

IMG_2758-1.jpg?t=1422150712

An LE TV Silver Explorer ...

IMG_2759-1.jpg?t=1422162869

A Genesis Dlx Pro ....

IMG_2760-1.jpg?t=1422149198

A Crestwood '62 50th Anniversary reissue .....

IMG_2761-1.jpg?t=1422149388

The Les Paul Back Beauty 3 with the Bigsby mod (details posted previously) .....

IMG_2763-1.jpg?t=1422150717

An SG G-400 Pro ....

IMG_2762-1.jpg?t=1422149710

A Nighthawk Custom Reissue ........

IMG_2764-1.jpg?t=1422149715

The last one on the right in the group pic (and sort of peeking in from the right, in the shot above) is is a Wilshire LE TV Silver.

For some reason I missed doing a single shot of it, but other than the unique "Batwing" headstock it's .... meh~~~ ... sort'a quasi-unspectacular anyway, so no big ....

This is a shot of the Fenders I recently bought.

From left to right is a MIJ '51 Pawn Shop, a Standard HSS Strat, an American Vintage Hot Rod '62 Strat, A Standard Factory Special Release Tele ......

IMG_2756-1.jpg?t=1422149928

A group shot of my recent Gretsch acquisitions.

From left to right is a White Falcon Rancher 12 String acoustic/electric, next is (my pride and joy) a White Falcon G6136T-LTV, then a G-5422TDCG Electormatic, and finally a White Falcon Rancher 6 string acoustic/electric.

IMG_2743-1.jpg?t=1422150372

Here a group shot of additional various guitars that I got in this recent round of GAS.

From left to right is, the 'replacement' Ibanez Artcore 12 string for the one that I received with the dents/cracks/chips and etc., then an Ovation Celebrity Elite, a Gibson Flying V Heritage, A vintage NJ version of a B.C. Rich Warlock in rare Transparent Blue with a Floyd, and finally an Agile AL-3200 Neck Through.

IMG_2767-1.jpg?t=1422151446

The 'new' Ibanez Artcore ...

IMG_2768-1.jpg?t=1422151451

The Flying V ....

IMG_2770.jpg

The Warlock ....

IMG_2771.jpg

The Agile AL-3200 Neck Through ......

IMG_2772.jpg

Parting group shot .....

IMG_2773.jpg

Now I have a case of case overflow ....

IMG_2777-1.jpg

But .... by using the "if you can't beat them ... get them to join you" approach, I bought these for my wife, and so she's good with it all!

It's a Fender Sonoran and a Keith Urban (she loves Keith) .....

IMG_2778.jpg

IMG_2782.jpg

Now that really is a bonny collection. Unfortunately for you I have contacted the guitar police and told them that your collection is too large, they have stated that your collection has one guitar too many and will be issuing you with a court summons to face charges of 'hoarding stringed instruments' under the Musical Instruments Act 2013. I am willing to help you out of this dilemma by giving one of your guitars a new home - The Artcore or the Crestwood would be my preferred choices thanks.

LOL

Thanks guys, I appreciate the positive comments. [smile]

@ bigneil ... The Crestwood has a bit of a story (which I hinted at in earlier posts).

In ~December there was a thread here about them going on sale at MF for $299, and since GC is owned by the same parent company I looked to see if my inbox had one of those 15% off eCerts that GC sends out from time to time, and sure enough I had one.

The GC web site showed they had at least one left in their central stock ... so I ordered it using the eCert, and it took the order for a price of $254 (plus tax for me) ... so a delivered total of $275!

But after I ordered it the receipt said it would not be out of their central stock, but instead was coming from the San Diego store.

I thought "OK, cool, at least I'll get one".

But I ordered a second one just to be sure, which came back as "out of stock" the next day.

I also got a call from the San Diego store manager the next day, saying that it would not be new, and that it was a store demo that showed showed use, but the "on their dime return" would be in effect if I still wanted him to send it.

Well ... it got here and was missing the wood trim with the E emblem in the tail piece, the E emblem on the pickguard was also missing, and one of the tone knobs, the nut and special pointer washer had also gone "Elvis", and it was just generally beat up, so I sent it back .. even though it had a great action, and at one time ... a stunning finish with awesome wood grain. :(

I searched about on Reverb and eBay etc., and finally found the one I have now.

I cost me $399 (which griped my butt a bit) but I see others asking like $500 for them, so I guess I'll not to take it too badly. ;)

I haven't set it up yet, and so I'm hoping it has the same (or better) action as the beat up one I received from CG.

I'm just really happy to have got one ..... [smile]

Now ..... I'll have to try to sneak by your place a run off with your gold top.

I'm hunting for a nice one myself ........ :-k

Is it an Epiphone 'thing' among people who own many of them to not remove the plastic film and stickers from the pickguards? I've seen more than a few members on here who apparently leave these things on their guitars and have no idea why! It's like buying a new car and leaving the factory sticker on the window of your new car for years after you buy it! Very nice guitars, I just think it's a bit cheesy to leave those stickers on. I guess if you're a 'collector' and never plan on playing the guitars and just want to look at them and have them retain some sort of value, but if you play them, remove that stuff!

Is it an Epiphone 'thing' among people who own many of them to not remove the plastic film and stickers from the pickguards? I've seen more than a few members on here who apparently leave these things on their guitars and have no idea why! It's like buying a new car and leaving the factory sticker on the window of your new car for years after you buy it! Very nice guitars, I just think it's a bit cheesy to leave those stickers on. I guess if you're a 'collector' and never plan on playing the guitars and just want to look at them and have them retain some sort of value, but if you play them, remove that stuff!

I got 'all' of my Epi's (along with the other guitars in this thread) over the holidays ... taking advantage of all the great sales.

As I get time to set them all up and decide on which ones are worth keeping (based on how they turn out) I'll remove the stickers, pickguard plastic, and factory dust ...... along with any "cheeeeeeeese" I might find stuck to 'em. [flapper] ;)

Very nice ngd collection flyer. How do you like the Ovation? I look after a friend's Ovations so I've had a chance to play a couple of USA Elites, but not one of the Korean ones yet.

Thanks!

The Ovation is one of those guitars that I think you either love or hate.

It has a sweet sound, but can be a bit of a pain to hold when sitting ... especially if you have keg (instead if a 6 pack) belly. ;)

The Celeb is not as awkward as the other deeper bowled models, but it's still ..... different.

Mine is a Celeb Elite Plus, and comes with D'Addario 12-53s which are a bit more chunky/rough on the fingers than what I like.

I'll swap to EB Slinkys .... and stick with about the same gauge to maintain volume in acoustic mode.

I need to make some time to do a set up on it.

The action is a tad high (I would guess close to 3mm at 'both' the bass and treble Es) so I'll setup the neck, and remove a bridge shim or two, when I restring it.

I might also mill the bottom of the saddle on a slight angle to get to ~2mm on the bass E, and ~1.5 on the treble E.

I'll see how it feels after I do the setup and remove the shim(s).

That said ... I do like it a lot, and think it will setup to my liking.

It has a nice soft V neck profile, which I find fits my hand well, and makes for easy power bends by providing a rail of sorts ... for my thumb to press against, that a C-like profile doesn't quite have.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the positive comments. [smile]

@ bigneil ... The Crestwood has a bit of a story (which I hinted at in earlier posts).

In ~December there was a thread here about them going on sale at MF for $299, and since GC is owned by the same parent company I looked to see if my inbox had one of those 15% off eCerts that GC sends out from time to time, and sure enough I had one.

The GC web site showed they had at least one left in their central stock ... so I ordered it using the eCert, and it took the order for a price of $254 (plus tax for me) ... so a delivered total of $275!

But after I ordered it the receipt said it would not be out of their central stock, but instead was coming from the San Diego store.

I thought "OK, cool, at least I'll get one".

But I ordered a second one just to be sure, which came back as "out of stock" the next day.

I also got a call from the San Diego store manager the next day, saying that it would not be new, and that it was a store demo that showed showed use, but the "on their dime return" would be in effect if I still wanted him to send it.

Well ... it got here and was missing the wood trim with the E emblem in the tail piece, the E emblem on the pickguard was also missing, and one of the tone knobs, the nut and special pointer washer had also gone "Elvis", and it was just generally beat up, so I sent it back .. even though it had a great action, and at one time ... a stunning finish with awesome wood grain. :(

Well Flyer, I think I ended up with your returned Crestwood. I received it today. I'm sort of bummed out, but waiting for a resolution from the Emryville store manager. Did you get around to plugging it in at all? Please see my post "50th Ann. Crestwood".

Yep .... already replied.

I think it's the same one too.

It did play right, and sounds like they buggered up putting a knob on it.

Really too bad because it was obviously a really nice guitar at one time. :(

As reported, I did end up finding a good one .. so have faith and don't give up.

IMHO they are worth taking the time to get the one you want.

Happy hunting!

Archived