Gibson Brands Forums

Give it a rest…

daveinspain

much ado about nothing.

if it wasn't the Pats,, this would never have even been a discussion.

it's absurd..

You are right but because it is the coach and team who were fined the largest amounts in NFL history for what?? Cheating...that is why it is an issue, because they have a history of this type of thing. They beat the colts and would have even if they did not deflate the balls but that is not the point cheating is not deemed to be cheating after the fact and based on if that team wins or not. Cheating and breaking rules is still cheating regardless of the outcome of the game. they have to be held accountable or whats to say the next time they don't bend or break the rules in another way. Just because Belicick says they did nothing wrong does not end the story no matter how much he and the team are inconvienced . Pay the piper Pats you chose the path so deal with it.. The NFL will come down on this but it will be after the Super Bowl.

You are right but because it is the coach and team who were fined the largest amounts in NFL history for what?? Cheating...that is why it is an issue, because they have a history of this type of thing. They beat the colts and would have even if they did not deflate the balls but that is not the point cheating is not deemed to be cheating after the fact and based on if that team wins or not. Cheating and breaking rules is still cheating regardless of the outcome of the game. they have to be held accountable or whats to say the next time they don't bend or break the rules in another way. Just because Belicick says they did nothing wrong does not end the story no matter how much he and the team are inconvienced . Pay the piper Pats you chose the path so deal with it.. The NFL will come down on this but it will be after the Super Bowl.

they did pay the piper already, 500k and a draft pick. it was 8 years ago.. they have done nothing since.

lets move on already.

lets see how this plays out before we hang the defendant. This isn't over yet, so who knows..

however, should this witch hunt come to and end no findings, at this point the league owes New England an apology.

as a fan, I'm discourage by the idea that they may have cheated, also as a fan, I'm pissed because at any allegation at all, they are presumed to be guilty....

Bellichick is a Marylander, so I wish I could like him. But he's so arrogant and has alienated so many people through the years with his "I don't give a sh!t what you think of me" attitude, whenever something like this comes up, 9 out of 10 people are more than happy to pile on and celebrate his dilemma. About the only ones who do like him and Brady are Patriot fans.

You can't say they aren't great coach and quarterback. They are. But a big part of their success is based on pushing the rules right to their limits, and playing little head games with trying to get the other team penalties and whatnot. Yeah it's great for your team to get wins that way, but when you are a spectator it's really annoying football.

But a big part of their success is based on pushing the rules right to their limits, and playing little head games with trying to get the other team penalties and whatnot.

Well sure but I'll use these same words again

pushing the limits is what EVERY Team does.

Difference here is coaches like BB, are better at it than other coaches are.

I think BB is an AH, all the things you said, arrogant, confrontational,,.. yep -- all that..

but it doesn't also mean that everything he does is result of cheating.

As an Oregon fan, I've admired Russell Wilson's play ever since the Ducks Rose Bowl game against Wisconsin where he drove the Badgers the length of the field with about 30 seconds left, only to have time run out as he tried to spike the ball. The guy was simply amazing throughout the whole game, and if he'd had a couple more ticks left on the clock, I'd bet a few Gibsons that he would've had them in the end zone.

Seahawks on Sunday!

Unfortunately I am up here suffering in the Boston area working. Always hated NE. Had to come up to NE many times to work. Every time I hate it a little more.

you're experiencing NE at it's worse possible time of year!

but look how friendly we are! well maybe not.. LOL!

:)

Having made the Super Bowl a ritual to watch for most of my life this one coming Sunday does not even interest me what so ever. I am not a Patriots or Brady or Belicheat fan but on the other hand I have no respect at all for Pete Carroll as he too is no lily white coach...remember what he did at USC? Oh but he was not there to take the heat because he left just before it broke hummm two cheaters in the Cheater Bowl. Maybe Hiedi will break in LOL

Picking up the sourdough rounds tomorrow, ready to make the chowdah. We will enjoy watching the Deflatriots play the Seabiscuits, and we won't care at all, because in our house, only teams in the National Feline League(NFL) matter, these two teams are obviously not cat teams at all. The wine will be good, the food will be good, and we will turn it off prolly at half time.

Panthers vs Jaguars or Lions vs Bengals, THAT would be a Super Bowl in our house.

rct

It's the Superbowl, and we all want to see a good game.

That kinda presents a problem, because it isn't really going to be, not close anyway.

So, to make it interesting, I came up with a few things to root for, to make it closer:

For example, rather than looking at the total score. What will be close is if the Hawks defense can score as much as the Pats offence.

Also, I predict the hawks will get as many interceptions as the Pats will get touchdowns. Or more.

So you see, there IS still a game worth watching, SOME things that we can expect to be close.

Archived