Gibson Brands Forums

Wildwood in Colorado / LG2 American Eagle purchase

MorrisrownSal

Some of you know I bought Rich's LG2 American Eagle last year. I loved it. So did my 21 year old son. He came home for Christmas making Deans List at college, and I wanted to reward him - I gave him that LG2. I dont regret that for a minute, because he deserves it, he is so happy with it.

I'd be lying if I didn't say I missed it though. This is impulsive, but heck.... I sold the Martin Gruhn 0000-15M I just bought in the fall (sold it on Reverb for just a few hundred less than I paid), and with the proceeds I bought a used LG2 American Eagle for sale on Wildwood Guitars's site. The guitar is nearly identical to my (son's) LG2, and I got it for about the same amount I sold the Martin! While that Martin was a great guitar, I wanted my short scale LG2 back more. Pretty stoked now.

Anyways... the purpose for the post... Wildwood Guitars is great to do biz with. Easy to haggle with, great price, free shipping, and a case filled with tshirts, key rings, extra strings... They make you feel like you should pay them more. I guess that's how good retailers are supposed to make you feel. Anyways, their website is awesome, and it has in-stock inventory, and they are just swell folks.

Awesome! It's great that you got your sought-after LG-2, and it's great to hear that Wildwood lives up to its reputation. They always seem to have a great selection of the most desirable Gibsons, too. And I love their product photography--it's nice to see the actual guitar you're buying, and the photos are large, clear, and well-taken.

Red 333

Very nice! I get on their website all the time to look at their guitars.

Yes me too. Its a dangerous thing to click on their website. I see stuff all the time I want to buy. I truly do not need any more guitars but it doesn't stop me from wanting more. [unsure][crying] :unsure: :)

1422348281[/url]' post='1620919']

I find that very hard to believe :)

Congratulations Sal.

I have an urge for one of those little fellows too.

His big is the difference in sound to them and the j45 size ?

You will be surprised at how much louder this is compared to what you expect. It doesn't have the bass of my SJ. It barks though. Grunt you have to try this model. It has your name all over it. It does have more sustain than the rapidly decaying J45/SJ's.

OWF, I will send this guitar your way if I see 100 posts on the other forum about things like, "what's your favorite finish for case latches?" And "what's an acceptable grade of cotton trousers to rest your upscale guitar on to avoid finish mar potential?"

You will be surprised at how much louder this is compared to what you expect. It doesn't have the bass of my SJ. It barks though. Grunt you have to try this model. It has your name all over it. It does have more sustain than the rapidly decaying J45/SJ's.

OWF, I will send this guitar your way if I see 100 posts on the other forum about things like, "what's your favorite finish for case latches?" And "what's an acceptable grade of cotton trousers to rest your upscale guitar on to avoid finish mar potential?"

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=251807750496&alt=web

Aww don't Sal.

This one is for sale about 20 minutes from my work. No money no money no money :(

The pick guard is my favorite too..like the one on my J-50. That classical guitar size with steel strings just has something going for it. I've got to go to Loveland on Thursday so I might swing by Wildwood on my way. What I really enjoy from Wildwood is their videos of Greg Koch playing the instruments. They are varied and funny as all get out. Congrats on another Gibson.

Sal

They are great guitars. I'm so glad your son likes it. I also like the way the pick guard looks. I never bonded with the look but the sound and playability were top notch. I guess it's a good thing the factory didn't put that guard on! As I said before, I played three small body Gibsons the day I bought it. It was the least expensive and the best sounding.

With all the talk about Gibson variability from guitar to guitar (which if it exists at all is no different than any other vendor) I have never heard a bad word about the LG2 Americana.

Rich

Beautiful! I guess that will show your son how much you value the gift you gave him, the fact you replaced it! I dig the pickguard, too--looks like a mini J-50 or J-55--whatever it was that Lightnin' Hopkins played. Can you tell any sound difference with/without the pickguard?

Wildwood is great. I love watching their videos.

Hurts to hear about the sold Martin. I've got an M-36 I love, and I'd be curious how the 0000-15M sounded in comparison! Not that I need one, just really like mine. :) I hear you, though--short scale is so much more fun, and it's great to have a smaller guitar around.

Archived